SU-37 1/48 Academy Conversion. Not so shiny!

Hello Everyone:

This is my first post here, my first Russian plane in 48th and my first Flanker!

I have done what a I could to take better pictures, as it was to resplendent

I changed the gloss finish to semi-gloss and I added a picture of the conversion I used.

It is a conversion I found on ebay time ago, does not have any brand on it (or box... or bag...), i guess is the copy of a copy... of a good conversion.

Interior, seat, windscreen and IR were not included so I used some parts from the academy kit, seat from wolfpack and scratch for the windscreen and IR. Decals from begemont, demo flankers and PE ladder from Turbine.

It was painted with water based acrylics, Akan for the interior and the dark brown, Vallejo for all the rest, including primer, varnish and decal solution (first time working with this kind of paint and I loved them, no smells, no thinners, just tap water!).

I tried to build a model of the first prototype, as it was seen in FIDAE 98 in Chile.

P1000375Large_zpsb07c0116.jpg

P1000385Large_zps3e401a1d.jpg

P1000392Large_zps08eb8624.jpg

P1000391Large_zpsfca6c8b7.jpg

P1000390Large_zps04646b4f.jpg

P1000387Large_zpsa26e3a15.jpg

P1000386Large_zpsce92bfc9.jpg

P1000382Large_zpscbbaa4aa.jpg

P1000381Large_zpsb45290fc.jpg

P1000380Large_zps8c49d948.jpg

P1000379Large_zps81b64ec5.jpg

P1000378Large_zpsb75e1c8a.jpg

P1000043Large_zps07bbb0bd.jpg

P1000033Large_zps6112e3d3.jpg

ConversionLarge_zps2cae0efd.jpg

I have just started to work on Flankers and I`m not an expert so would be great to have some feedback.

All comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Thanks for watching.

Adrian

Edited by adrianm2
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

That is quite RESPLENDENT.

:worthy: :worthy:

Hi Houston you are right... to shiny, I tried semi-gloss, I think looks much better.

Thanks for your comment.

Very nice conversion!

Looks like a lot of work!

Congratulation on the camo, looks the part!

Did the nozzles come with the conversion?

Thanks, Werner

Hi Werner, yes the nozzles came with the conversion, I added a picture for you to look at it. There are heaps of other bits and pieces included but they are all rubbish. I used what you see in the picture.

Very nice! The engine exhausts in particular look great!

Thanks Paul, good to hear you like it!

Cool looking bird! Just as I remember that imposing jet.

ps:

que buena FIDAE esa eh?

Hi PanzerPaulo, great FIDAE indeed!

PM for you Sr.

Thanks for your comments and questions!

What a fantastic looking plane, I'll always have a soft spot for the graceful giants that are the Flanker family, bonkers, but so agile. What a cool rendition of this bird, good joh on the paint scheme, what masking did you use?

Look forward to seeing more Flankers from you in the future if this Is anything to go by!

• Like 1

What a fantastic looking plane, I'll always have a soft spot for the graceful giants that are the Flanker family, bonkers, but so agile. What a cool rendition of this bird, good joh on the paint scheme, what masking did you use?

Look forward to seeing more Flankers from you in the future if this Is anything to go by!

Thanks Parabat, I do like flankers too, I have seen them performing a couple of times and it is just amazing to see a machine of that size doing what they do!

On this model all the masking was done with Tamiya masking tape and it did the job perfectly.

I got the SU-30MK bort 603 that I saw performing with this SU-37 in FIDAE `98 waiting to be build... Hopefully I`ll get started on it next month!

Adrian