Humbrol Clear....

Jinja

What's going on with Humbrol, you would expect their stuff to be compatiable with each other, or at least say what is or insn't. their making the stuff.

Compatiability with other manufacturers stuff I can understand but not their own

What's going on with Humbrol, you would expect their stuff to be compatiable with each other, or at least say what is or insn't. their making the stuff.

Compatiability with other manufacturers stuff I can understand but not their own

A good question. The lack of product testing prior to hitting the shops is clearly lacking. What I don't understand is why, considering Humbrol have been making noises about incresing product quality and discontinuing production in China, etc. Seems to be the reverse of their coporate strategy.

Tom.

• Like 1

Ive used it over Tamiya, and Humbrol acrylics and never had a problem. I just watched the video, and read the instructions, and everythings fine. The key is multiple thin coats. One wet coat will eat paint and decals. 5 or 6 thin coats, left to dry, will build up a nice sheen and not attack the paint or decals. I think Humbrol products just arent as forgiving as some, so you just adjust your painting style, if your not used to thin coat build ups. I use it just the same as I do with Klear, that needs multiple coats for a good sheen as well