Pz.Kpfw.V Panther in Attack & Defence - Kagero Publishing

Mike

Pz.Kpfw.V Panther in attack & defence
Kagero Publishing

boxtop.jpg

This is one of Kagero's TopColors editions, number 31 in a long line, and is essentially a reference tool and source of decals rolled into one! An A4 landscape oriented book, with glossy paper throughout, it covers 16 vehicles of Ausf. (variant) A, D and G in some really rather interesting and striking colour scheme, with decals to match in 1:72, 1:48 and 1:35 scales.

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

Each page of this 20 page volume provides a side profile of the vehicle in question, with scrap diagrams of other markings, or angles, together with (where available) a photo of the real thing, and a brief explanation of the location of the vehicle, plus any other interesting tit-bits that may be of value. The profiles are up to Kagero's usual high standards, and give valuable information such as the application of Zimmerit, as the patterns did vary markedly, and whether Schurtzen or other ancillary equipment were installed.

decals.jpg

The decals are provided on a single sheet, with dotted lines separating the individual vehicles and a larger dotted line marking the change in scale. They are printed in Italy by Cartograf, and are of excellent quality, having good register, colour density and sharpness, with minimal carrier film that should settle down nicely on even the roughest zimmerit with an application of decal solvent solution.

Conclusion
Books like these solve the issue of research and choice of subject for the modeller that wants to break away from the kit decals for their Panther, and provides colour schemes that perhaps haven't been seen before on an out of the box build. Keep up the good work Kagero!

Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif

They're available from a number of places now, so it's always worth a look :) As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a big fan of them, as I'm not one of those folks that can spend a lot of time researching - having it all handed to me on a plate is just great! ^_^