B-58 Hustler

Thanks all for your comments and yes it is a little beast!

@....MRVR6...Good question

The nose landing gear had a complicated retraction and extension cycle. But basically the top of the gear moved aft, while the wheels moved up, and were stowed in the forward section of the nose gear bay. The pivoting axel of the nose gear (about 75% of the way up the gear strut from the wheels to the top) was mounted on two slides, one on each side, and would move aft as the gear retracted until the entire nose gear was horizontal within the gear bay. Then the very long nose gear follow up doors would close. Extension was the reverse.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/military/read.main/110551/

@F32.......They would make a great pair alongside each other.

Thanks all for your comments and yes it is a little beast!

@....MRVR6...Good question

The nose landing gear had a complicated retraction and extension cycle. But basically the top of the gear moved aft, while the wheels moved up, and were stowed in the forward section of the nose gear bay. The pivoting axel of the nose gear (about 75% of the way up the gear strut from the wheels to the top) was mounted on two slides, one on each side, and would move aft as the gear retracted until the entire nose gear was horizontal within the gear bay. Then the very long nose gear follow up doors would close. Extension was the reverse.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/military/read.main/110551/

@F32.......They would make a great pair alongside each other.

ah that works i just thought it was an error with the kit though lol

it retracts like a garage door

Edited by mrvr6

ah that works i just thought it was an error with the kit though lol

it retracts like a garage door

Yes, so did I initially, and then started to rip it apart, fortunately I read an article about the retraction system so luckily i didn't rip it that much and saved the day.

Cheers

Brian.

Yes, so did I initially, and then started to rip it apart, fortunately I read an article about the retraction system so luckily i didn't rip it that much and saved the day.

Cheers

Brian.

im glad im not the only 1 thats done that pulled something apart then realised it actually is supposed to be like that haha

Hi

A very nice model in incredible 1/144.

Still strikes me as a plane that at the time must have looked pure science fiction. I mean first flight in 1956 - it is almost 60 years ago! Amazing.

Hmmm where did I stash the Monogram 1:48 version? Tempting!

Flemming