OK.14 Central Flying School Eskişehir/Turkey - Spitfire Mk.Vb - 1/72 Revell

Hello people,

I just finished this build. On thursday I found a Revell 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.V kit in the local store I buy most of my kits from and I felt like I had to buy it cause from what I see most modelers build at least one, it seemed obligatory. After taking a first look at the kit I thought many build spitfires so many may have built the kit and built it OOB as I usually do so I thought I might try something different. Why not build a Spitfire that flew for my country, served in my city and I found this as a reference:

kzf8d.jpg

I checked the only online store that sells after market stuff in Turkey but there were no specific decals for this specific plane, even the common Turkish markings for the time were sold in only 1/48 scale so I had no luck. Then I said why not try to create them by painting ( no I don't print decals myself and don't plan to for now) and use the common decals from the kit. The worst that could happen is I'd make a mess and return back to RAF decals. While making the plane I remembered the bases left from my die cast car models so I thought of using one as a base (1/24 seemed too big so I used a 1/43 model's base) and also create kind of a small diorama, that would be a first for me, so this was overall an experimental build and here is the result I am pretty much satisfied with:

OK.14 Central Flying School Eskişehir/Turkey

kzf91.jpg

kzf97.jpg

kzf9d.jpg

kzf9j.jpg

kzf9n.jpg

kzf9w.jpg

kzfb2.jpg

kzfb9.jpg

kzfbg.jpg

kzfbs.jpg

kzfc4.jpg

kzfc8.jpg

kzfcf.jpg

kzfcs.jpg

kzfd0.jpg

kzfdb.jpg

kzfdj.jpg

kzfdy.jpg

kzff6.jpg

Hope you liked it

Regards

• Like 2

A terrific Spitfire and placed in a very nice diorama setting, too ! It's especially interesting because it's not so common (for me, at least !) to see the Spitfire in Turkish air force service and in this very cool camoflage scheme. Fine job and presentation here !

Mike

• 3 weeks later...