Trumpeter Challenger 2 1/72 Scale

Here's my latest finished build, a 1/72 scale British Challenger 2 'Desert Version. Lovely little kit, highly recommended for a fun and trouble free build. The one piece tracks were very helpful and still look effective, in my opinion. Painted using a Tamiya rattle can and weathered with Citadel acrylics and Mig powders. I'm yet to make a base for it, so I posed it on a bag of sand!

8548156858_6bfed52339_z.jpg

Excuse the photo, taken from my phone.

Edited by jonas_415
  • Like 1

Hi mate, cracking build, however.........its a Challenger 1 not a 2, just a minor point.

I didn't spot this I must admit.

For my education, what differences stand out?

• Like 1

Hi mate, cracking build, however.........its a Challenger 1 not a 2, just a minor point.

Oh yeah! Just checked the box...my mistake :shutup:

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Hi Guys,

I didn't spot this I must admit.

For my education, what differences stand out?

Deacon,

Probably the main recognisable difference is the Turret, a lot more "Boxy" with a gun "mantlet" and big box on top of it ( the Armoured Barbette for the Thermal Imager) and on the Hull probably the tracks, double pin for a change.

Spent my Army Career on Chieftain, Challenger 1 and Challenger 2.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Nice build -did one of these a while back. Unfortunately Trumpeter moulded the barrel upside down - the long piece of barrel insulation at the turret end should be underneath which meant cutting the muzzle off and refixing 180 deg round.

• Like 1

Thanks for the extra information, Widow 65, much appreciated.

Nice build -did one of these a while back. Unfortunately Trumpeter moulded the barrel upside down - the long piece of barrel insulation at the turret end should be underneath which meant cutting the muzzle off and refixing 180 deg round.

Wish I'd noticed that before! Ah well, I'm not changing it now...I've got an AS-90 on the workbench... :thumbsup2:

Looks very nice. As for the differences between a challenger 1 and a challenger 2, here's a link to a walk around of a challenger 1: http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/scott_dimmick/challenger_1/

And here's a link to a challenger 2: http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/ulrich_wrede/challenger2/

Hope they are of help,

Sean

• Like 1