Su-22UM3K 1/48

I would really appreciate a step by step in how you manage to achieve the cockpit painting?

Looking forward to the paint going on!

Neil

Same as always; surfacer,preshading, base color, painting details with brush, drybrushing, gloss, wash, mat vanish.

Preshading on the lower surfaces and ready light blue-grey:

P1200179_zps8869e7c2.jpg

P1200181_zps9630c6ec.jpg

In the meantime I prepared some weapons:

P1200186_zpsc37c6faf.jpg

• Like 2

Arcady,

I ha e always ENJOYED & admired your builds and work cuz you have that mastery of model making which not many of us have.

Total master at this.

AWESOME workmanship so far..

:worthy:

Edited by HOUSTON

If there's anything I've learned, it's never, ever try to compete with Spanish, Polish or Czech modellers.. Here's another example of why. Stunning work..

The conclusion I've come to is that it must be something they put in the beer. that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Arkady, you make it look so straightforward, but your results are always stunning. Keep up the good work

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Arkady.
Nice building, but you should armament repainted. B-8 and SPPU-22 were from manufacturing painted an aluminum color

Many thanks!

Looks like a super glue (CA).

I am not brave enough to try it! I'm afraid to ruin the clear parts with this glue (CA). Normally I use Gator Glue but takes a while to dry.

I'm seating in the front row to watch this show!

If you dip the canopy in Future - that stops CA fogging as well... I've tried it and it works!

• Like 1

If there's anything I've learned, it's never, ever try to compete with Spanish, Polish or Czech modellers.. Here's another example of why. Stunning work..

The conclusion I've come to is that it must be something they put in the beer. that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Arkady, you make it look so straightforward, but your results are always stunning. Keep up the good work

Chris

Definitely I agree with the first post but I don't think the second one is true... must be something stronger!!! Maybe in the vodka? Jack Daniels? Gym? Mexican submarine???

Arkady, please tell us your secret... what do you drink during your buildings??? :drink:

BTW I've received Su-22 slats & flaps set by TMD. It is masterpiece! Thanks for you advice: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230944067882?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (English version)

Cheers,

:cheers:

Jose

Edited by LT Motta

Arkady, please tell us your secret... what do you drink during your buildings??? :drink:

During the building only tea with slice of lemon. Once model is completed and photographed,I can drink something stronger, basically strengthened Scottish water from their mountain streams :).

Sorry for the quality of pictures on this stage, after decals I'll take model somewhere outside on sunshine. Deserve on it.

I drink tea with lemon too when I'm building...

Long-Island1.jpg

Maybe that is the reason why I'm a average modeller and Arkady is "outstanding"...

• Like 1

It always brings a smile to my face when I see a WIP from you, not only do you always make it look easy but it is the way you make it all sound so simple a process. For the rest of us its not that simple.

"Surfacer, preshade, top coat, gloss, wash, Matt coat", there must be something special hidden in the commas between the words that I can't see!

Keep the master classes coming my friend, you are getting quite a following.

DB

Can i ask you a qestion Maestro!About Metalic paint.It is gunse color? What number is? And technology of painting same like Su-22 and MiG-19?Thanks for all!Whis my respect!

Gunze SuperMealic various colors. Same technique.

Ready for weathering:

P1010222_zps095453fd.jpg

P1010221_zps7afc04e4.jpg

P1010216_zps01346ebf.jpg

P1010220_zps685dc85d.jpg

• Like 2