Su-22UM3K 1/48

Is that the part PE for the airbrake bays? Whose are are the dropped flaps and slats?

Yes, there is Part airbrakes, also pilot/technician ladder from Part and I will use some interior/exterior PE from them.

Resin wings I bought on Ebay from Tigermodeldesings.

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/1-48-SU-22-Flaps-and-Slats-/230758164461?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ba4227ed

Hey!

How many Su-22 do you have???

Few days after I bought that one what I told you I received an e-mail from the shop canceling the purchase because the kit was sold out but they haven't updated the status!

Now I dreaming for one again... but I have a "plan B"!

Edited by LT Motta

Oh a rare WIP from the magician.

I wish I had some modelling stuff with me this trip, been in a shipyard for the last 2 weeks with still 1 week to go. Even I could have knocked something together in that time (maybe).

DB

How do you find the KP kit Arkady? any good? Im going to enjoy this one!

Ebay usually, this is rare kits on the market as you know.

Some progress with canopies details and dry fitting for ladders:

P1140093_zpsc5747e9c.jpg

P1140094_zpsca833089.jpg

• Like 2

I see you didn't use the fuselage parts provided by Ciro.

Could you tell why you chose proceeding that way?

And I keep being astonished at your way of building the fuselage THEN painting the cockpit.

So far, your build is splendid.

My own long stalled build of the same beast is there : http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1105-sukhoi-22-um3k-148-kpceciro

Cheers,

S.

Edited by Sebastien

I see you didn't use the fuselage parts provided by Ciro.

Could you tell why you chose proceeding that way?

And I keep being astonished at your way of building the fuselage THEN painting the cockpit.

I saw your build thread and some other with this bl....dy Ciro set and I was scared.... As you see my method is much easier, faster and more effective with also good result. That is my answer.

Painting interior after assembling into the fuselage is really easy too, I did it in most of my models. That way save a lot of time...

You can check it in my previous threads.

How do you glue PE to clear parts? Which glue?

This one:

62051.jpg

Many thanks!

Looks like a super glue (CA).

I am not brave enough to try it! I'm afraid to ruin the clear parts with this glue (CA). Normally I use Gator Glue but takes a while to dry.

I'm seating in the front row to watch this show!

Many thanks!

Looks like a super glue (CA).

I am not brave enough to try it! I'm afraid to ruin the clear parts with this glue (CA). Normally I use Gator Glue but takes a while to dry.

I'm seating in the front row to watch this show!

Don't worry! You can remove any exceed of CA glue with Debonder:

300_300_productGfx_5a0fd20d61dd62fba6da6

Lovely start Arkady, as usual. Nice to see a WIP.

You know, I have a couple of these in the stash and two of the CE cockpits and one of the CE external sets. How does the set you're using stack up to Cutting Edge?

..... I might be willing to part with one of these.... for the right price :shutup:

Edited by Loki

Lovely start Arkady, as usual. Nice to see a WIP.

You know, I have a couple of these in the stash and two of the CE cockpits and one of the CE external sets. How does the set you're using stack up to Cutting Edge?

..... I might be willing to part with one of these.... for the right price :shutup:

I am sorry Loki, I had never CE resin sets... Hard to compare to me.

Cockpit is ready, it was defitely the most difficult thing to do in this model...

P1180164_zpse8676972.jpg

P1180157_zpsb7f39ade.jpg

P1180162_zps9bbc7d06.jpg

P1180161_zps6ededb64.jpg

P1180160_zps63c1b93b.jpg

P1180158_zpsb5acf635.jpg

• Like 1

Amazing talent that you have been blessed with...I just love your work....and even better going through it with you step by step......a brilliant forum to be part of

Edited by MIRAGEF1
  • Like 1