Revell 1/144 Ekranoplan A-90

Shall be watching with interest. It seems (from the box) to be pretty big even in 1/144, but the prop makes it look deceptively small. It could probably eat my LCAC for breakfast :)

Will

Shall be watching with interest. It seems (from the box) to be pretty big even in 1/144, but the prop makes it look deceptively small. It could probably eat my LCAC for breakfast :)

Will

Hi Will, it's about 40cm long when built so it is fairly big in 1/144....I need them a good size these days, doing a 1/144 109 would be out of the question... :yikes: ...........Smudge

Like the Ekranoplan, after seeing the preserved example in Moscow. Dont often see the kit for sale either. The Caspian Sea Monster is a similar and suitably named machine used for skimming the waves at high speed with troops and equipment on board - beast!

A start has been made and when I come to fit the nose intakes the fit is so bad I cut the nose off at the hinge point.

002_1067x800_zpsb8ff89bb.jpg

After a lot of filling,filing and sanding a nice smooth intake shape has appeared.

003_1067x800_zps619d0f46.jpg

Heat shields for the jet exhaust added too.

The rest of the fuselage has had some detailing, all in all it's gone together very well.

001_1067x800_zpsfb101b78.jpg

Just hung the nose back on for effect...

004_1067x800_zps34f14077.jpg

More soon..............Smudge

• Like 1

Like the Ekranoplan, after seeing the preserved example in Moscow. Dont often see the kit for sale either. The Caspian Sea Monster is a similar and suitably named machine used for skimming the waves at high speed with troops and equipment on board - beast!

The kit turns up on ebay fairly regularly . Zvezda are releasing the A-90 in 1/144 this April. I suspect it's the Revell kit re boxed. Not that I mind! I've been trying to get a couple of these for ages. Always seem to miss out. Great "what if " potential!

Allan