Hi all,

This is my entry for the GB, Fujimi's 1/24 Ferrari 330 p4 No.21 as driven by Ludovico Scarfiotti and Mike Parkes which took 2nd place in the 1967 race behind Dan Gurney and AJ Foyt in the Ford GT40.

I absolutely LOVE the look of this car, and I'm hoping to make a decent job of this kit.

IMAG0290_zps0a9b6a7f.jpgIMAG0282_zpscdec2d7a.jpgIMAG0283_zps340440a5.jpgIMAG0284_zps2a408a8d.jpgIMAG0285_zps1822704b.jpg

IMAG0287_zpsff49c7b6.jpgIMAG0288_zpscfeff526.jpg

I'll be starting my build beginning of next week, got a lot on this weekend and a lot of that involves beer so I'll be leaving this alone until Monday teatime!

Enjoy your weekends everyone,

Jas.

Great, wondering if one of these would turn up, it was on my shortlist along with their 917 and GT40 but I went for the 956 in the end

Looking forward to your build

• Like 1

Possibly the best looking Ferrari ever IMO. Good to see one in here.

Take the 'possibly' out of the above sentence and you'll be spot on!! This was also on my 'to-do' list for the GB but I wanted to do justice to do the Porsche 917K and with the Ferrari 512S as well, I think I've got enough work on my plate!

Good to see you entering this in the GB Jas and I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys, progress is really slow right now but I'm definitely going to get some work posted up over the weekend, and as I've been waiting ages for this GB I will get it done in time no excuses. Amongst other things aside of modelling that have demanded attention I've had some pretty fierce fit issues with the cockpit on this project and it's been doing my trumpet in :wall:

I know these Fujimi kits have a pretty good reputation (and maybe I've just had an odd one) but to be honest, if someone asked me what I thought of the fit of this kit in one word I would have to say 'ropey'. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a little with this appraisal considering it's hardly started, but it doesn't inspire confidence much, especially when (through no fault of the kit of course) you're under the cosh for time. Still, if over the next 10 days of solid graft I can't knock out a half decent kerbside with a bit of PE then I'd be disappointed.

More to come (honest!)

Cheers,

Jas.