Ford GT40 Matech , Le Mans 2010

Red 5

Cheers Roy , having never built a simil r before are there any short comings that I should look out for , I normally build tamiya`s which pretty much build themselves.

Red 5

This is also a nice choice. The # 61 car was my joy of the 2010 race, and it was a very sad moment when they had to pull aside with an engine fire. I actually have the # 61 as an ongoing, slowly, project, but I'm only using this Simil'R kit for some parts and many of the decals. I really should resume dedicated work on it. Will be good to follow this one. So, which car will it be, # 60 or # 61?

Not a lot to show but I`ve made a start , all parts washed and primed with Halfords grey , having never made a simil r before my first impressions are - soft plastic but it made cleaning up very easy - not great detail , apart from that no other issues so far , in my opinion its great to see the likes of Simil R and Ebbro taking on the big boys and bringing out different kits .

not sure which number car yet Jorgen far to much to do before I think about that stage.

Red 5

gt40001_zps68fbacb5.jpg

I've just brought their Judd 01, similar thoughts about the plastic and maybe a tad expensive for a curbside kit, but it's the only game in town for the Judd car.

Better start than me!

Had a good look at the Focus WRC they do and that looked a really nice kit. Is there any PE wirh this kit.

Must go and get the Panoz started.

Cheers,

Warren

Edited by Madmonk

Just a little bit of pe Warren, about 2 inch by 3 inch mainly for the mesh areas and a few other bits also has harness hardware sadly no material/ribon for the belts .

next time I post some progress I will show the pe.

Cheers

Red 5

• 4 weeks later...

Small update with the office area tried micro ballons for the 1st time on the seat not perfect but looks okay to the naked eye also added a few bits to the passenger side to make it a bit more interesting from my spares box not 100% accurate but searching the web for interior photos theirs not many I could find , I can see this kit going all the way to the finnish line due to mainly poor fit also does not help that I`ve lost the front radiator looks like I`m about to start learning about scratch building ,

021_zpsaae8bffe.jpg017_zpse9a23e3d.jpg

Starting to take shape.

The Matech Competition site seems to have been taken down some time ago, but it contained quite a lot of great photos including some of the interior. I did save a good deal of them as I'm working (slowly, or rather paused...) on # 61 car. If you need them just let me know.

• 1 month later...

What a challenge this is , I feel like I`m building a real car , better modellers than me have struggled with this kit and god knows how I`m going to get all the body panels to fit ? a serious lack of locating pins is the biggest problem and that's with the whole kit not just the bodywork , apart from that its a great kit just hope I make the deadline and it looks half respectable.

Cheers

Red 5

fordgt030_zpsf78c3abb.jpgfordgt003_zps127a91eb.jpgfordgt005_zps9907e96f.jpg

That looks great Red 5, as for the number of parts just for the body, there's more there than in a full standard kit.

Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Cheers,

Warren

The jigsaw is still very much a jigsaw Warren although I`ve managed to get a lot of the decals on the bodywork but even this is no easy task getting everything to line up on the separate panels , I could of put the whole thing together then added the decals but no way could you then clear coat it , at this stage theirs a bit of planning and a lot of head bashing with this kit , but I will be done by the 9th don`t worry about that .

Cheers

Red 5

• 2 weeks later...

SORRY guys , could not bring this one home I thought I could get it done by Thursday evening and was then away for the last 5 days on a family get away down the south coast , for my first gb I think I bit off a little more than I could chew with this one, ended up rushing it a bit but with no deadline this could be a fantastic kit and some how it all goes together .

anyway this is where I got too before the flag came down , once again sorry lads.

will post some pictures in the normal finished section when I`m done

Red 5

gt025_zps43379081.jpg