Formula One Group Build - Three Questions

Mark

Combined or seperate GBs  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Chose one of the options below

• Seperate GBs for Grand Prix and Moto GP
    • Combinded GB for Grand Prix and Moto GP

Q1. Has there ever been a Formula One Group Build?

Q2. If not, why not?!

Q3. Would anyone else be interested in getting a Formula One GB off the ground and into the calendar?

Edited by Mish

Q1. Has there ever been a Formula One Group Build?

Q2. If not, why not?!

Q3. Would anyone else be interested in getting a Formula One GB off the ground and into the calendar?

A1. No

A2. We did have, many years ago, a motorsport GB in which a number of F1 cars where built.

A3. Never built one but might be tempted.

We'll get a chance to vote on this and all the other proposed GBs towards the end of the year.

What's Formula 1???? Lol

MotoGp all the way.............

Hahaaaaa!

Apparently its Moto Gp for pansies... 4 wheels, safety cells and accordinging to my sources its like reaaaally hard and they drive reallllly fast. :analintruder:

OK, there's a bit of interest and as the F1 season gets under way (my one and only time that I have total and uninterrupted access to the TV!!) there might be quite a few more that come along. So I will, if no-one minds, bump this thread up from time to time and get it noticed.

So, any F1 car, any scale? That's a massive range of cars and with the (bloody expensive!!) aftermarket stuff available there should be some really superb cars on show. How about targeting an early 2014 date and showing the output at the Nationals (sorry, SMW) at Telford on a BM table?!

Hahaaaaa!

Apparently its Moto Gp for pansies... 4 wheels, safety cells and accordinging to my sources its like reaaaally hard and they drive reallllly fast. :analintruder:

Ahhhh! Is that the 'sport' where you get punished for overtaking? Oh yes & if you do go into the gravel trap in the car, you exit without a scratch...whereas on two wheels at 180mph it's a different story! Oh yes.....& you CAN overtake....and kick the opposition....& elbow them......& hit their brake lever launching the opponent over the bars (not anymore I have to add as of 2012)....& fight in the pits!

Why would you want to watch processional driving by over paid prima donnas???

Just a thought......

Ahhhh! Is that the 'sport' where you get punished for overtaking? Oh yes & if you do go into the gravel trap in the car, you exit without a scratch...whereas on two wheels at 180mph it's a different story! Oh yes.....& you CAN overtake....and kick the opposition....& elbow them......& hit their brake lever launching the opponent over the bars (not anymore I have to add as of 2012)....& fight in the pits!

Just a thought......

Ahhhh, but once upon a time...when I were a lad there were beateous four wheel motorcycles like the Lotus 25....... which I'm about to start building, Tamiya's 1720th jobbie, that is.

Granted seadog.....that WAS racing!!! Facing death at every round.......proper! And how many rounds did they have back then??? Safety?? What was that.....oh yes, gloves, goggles & a polycarbonate lid!!!!

Ahhhh, but once upon a time...when I were a lad there were beateous four wheel motorcycles like the Lotus 25....... which I'm about to start building, Tamiya's 1720th jobbie, that is.

Just a thought......

MotoGp? Is that the sport that you have circuits with no kerbs, huge run off areas, gravel traps and other such pansy features? Try Isle of Man TT...now ,that's REALLY where it's at! :analintruder:

Mike

EDIT: Sorry, OT, delete if necessary :P

Edited by AngloSaxon
  • Like 1

MotoGp? Is that the sport that you have circuits with no kerbs, huge run off areas, gravel traps and other such pansy features? Try Isle of Man TT...now ,that's REALLY where it's at! :analintruder:

Mike

EDIT: Sorry, OT, delete if necessary :P

To race in which it probably helps to have a. balls of steel, b. no imagination or c. a streak of madness!

To race in which it probably helps to have a. balls of steel, b. no imagination or c. a streak of madness!

All of the above!!!

AngloSaxon.....couldn't agree more regarding circuits! Road racing IS balls! End of!! Anyone can go round & round & round & round & round (get the picture) on a circuit, but a real racer does it on the streets! Just listen to what Guy Martin has to say about others riders who race on tracks!! Look at the late, GREAT Dave Jefferies....didn't do too well on the circuits, but on the roads? Just class, pure class! The size he was as well, strapping Yorkshireman with a heart of gold & was always there to help other riders......me included! A true gent who is sadly missed..........

ATB............

Would this be limited to 'modern' F1 or could it possibly include Grand Prix cars from before the Ecclestone dynasty.

In truth, I have had zero interest in F1 since the late 80's but do have quite a stash of GP cars from the early 70's back to the 30's.

Regards,

Steve.

• Like 1

Would this be limited to 'modern' F1 or could it possibly include Grand Prix cars from before the Ecclestone dynasty.

In truth, I have had zero interest in F1 since the late 80's but do have quite a stash of GP cars from the early 70's back to the 30's.

Regards,

Steve.

Amen! The Lotus 79...........last of the beauties! Lotus 49, even better!

Regards,

Steve.

It's the same for me, almost zero interest today, but I lost my interest 10 years later, after -97. I would certainly join, but only if it's not limited to "modern" cars.

I have several nice 1/24 and 1/43 GP kits in my stash and I could certainly do with som extra motivation to get a build done.