Future/Pledge

B1ue52

I would like to give Future/Pledge a try for my gloss coats, but after much Googling and searching, I am still very confused about what is currently available and what exactly it is now called.

Could someone please assist with the actual name of the current product and a likely place to purchase from?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

If im not mistaken the name changes according to country. In america its known as Pledge. I bought 2 on ebay from the UK in 2009 under the name JOHNSONS KLEAR.

Edited by AdriaN (MLT)

As stated it is call Klear in the uk but the formula changed a while ago and there is some debate as to weather the new stuff is as good as the older stuff, You cannot get the origional Formula in any shops and it can cost up to £30 a Bottle on the likes of ebay, But on the plus side a bottle will last a long time and i use it for gloss coating prior to Decals, As a Canopy dip prior to painting and also as a decal application solution,

If you can find any of the older origional stuff for sale get as much as you can

Regards Graham

As stated it is call Klear in the uk but the formula changed a while ago and there is some debate as to weather the new stuff is as good as the older stuff, You cannot get the origional Formula in any shops and it can cost up to £30 a Bottle on the likes of ebay, But on the plus side a bottle will last a long time and i use it for gloss coating prior to Decals, As a Canopy dip prior to painting and also as a decal application solution,

If you can find any of the older origional stuff for sale get as much as you can

Regards Graham

Thanks for the responses - Can you clarify what the new product is called in the UK please? This is where I am getting confused. If I can'tt get hold of the old Klear product then I am happy to give the new stuff a try but cannot find exactly what the new stuff is now called.

Thanks again

Excellent, thanks for that. Was just about to look on eBay as the product on Amazon seems to get slated.

Cost me £20.00 but grabbed a bottle off eBay.

Cheers

I know you all love the stuff, but I used some on a model slot car after I'd painted the BRP in Halford's rattle can light green, then decalled it. It looked great and i thought it was a bit of a miracle material. A week later to my horror it had eaten the decals and paint and was able to be just wiped off with a cloth. I didn't even need any cellulose thinners to remove the slimy muck it had become. I have a bottle here and it's the old stuff, if anyone wants to pay me the £6 it cost, plus p&p, you're welcome to it!

I'll stick to Vallejo gloss varnish, thanks.

Martin

Edited by Scratchbuilder

Just to clarify, the NEW formula is called Pledge Multi Surface Wax & Sainsburys sell it for a few quid. It's exactly the same as the older formula, just a name change.

There is a youtube vid of a guy explaining the difference between the 'old' & 'new', and found no difference whatsoever!!

Pop into Sainsburys http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1362679385849

Have fun...........