1:72 Revell Hurricane Mk.IIc

If by Bofors gun you are referring to the Vickers S guns, these are freely available as after-market sets. 3D-Kits do a set in plastic, and I think Pavla do a Hurricane upgrade set that includes them.

Mk IIDs and Mk IVs both used 40mm cannon.

John.

Edited by johnd
  • Like 1

If by Bofors gun you are referring to the Vickers S guns, these are freely available as after-market sets. 3D-Kits do a set in plastic, and I think Pavla do a Hurricane upgrade set that includes them.

John.

Thank you, John and Mish! John, it is indeed the Vickers S gun I was thinking of (was it based on the Bofors 40mm by chance?). I do remember the 3D-Kits conversion set now. I'll have to check whether the Soviets used the Mk.IID's or Mk.IV's (maybe both).

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Thanks all

John.

Thank you, John and Mish! John, it is indeed the Vickers S gun I was thinking of (was it based on the Bofors 40mm by chance?). I do remember the 3D-Kits conversion set now. I'll have to check whether the Soviets used the Mk.IID's or Mk.IV's (maybe both).

Regards,

Jason

Sounds like a project in there, I was looking at 3Ds website the other day, needs a revisit me thinks. And here's the LINK

And a review on BM HERE

Edited by Mish

squint at it from six feet away it sort of looks acceptable.

It actually sort of looks like a quite nice job. Maybe you should experiment with different sorts of acrylics as different sorts seem to suit different people.
  • Like 1

Mish, that's a super build: beautifully painted and weathered in a nicely restrained fashion. Welcome to the civilised scale!

Dazzio: my spares box has both tailplanes from the old Airfix Hurricane I: if all you dog-sabotaged build needs is a replacement, you're welcome to one or both of them.

• Like 1

The guns and a set of rockets are also supplied in the old Airfix Hurricane I/II kit. Not as good as the 3D or Pavla versions but you also get a kit to hone your sanding & scribing skills, for a similar price.

I think the Vickers gun was developed from the pom-pom gun used by the Royal Navy. Same calibre and similar appearance but no connection I know of.

(was it based on the Bofors 40mm by chance?)

Edited by johnd
  • Like 1

The desert hurricane is my favourite scheme. And the IIc is my favourite of them all. Nice job.

I've been thinking of switching to 1/72 scale from 1/48 too. The cost of kits has been steadily going up,and my income is flat (being retired). Plus, there are many more choices of subjects in the Gentleman's Scale.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Thanks to Vulcanicity, I will be able to finish my IIc and IId both in desert camo. I got the 3D-kits gun upgrade pack to add and it's awesome. Def worth a look into. :)

I've read that the IIc's and the IId's worked together in killing tanks. The IIc would go in first and "soften" up the targets and then the IId would go in and as they say in a popular film featuring sentient robots "Bring the rain" and open a six pack of whoop bottom. Dunno how true that is or not. Will have to check up on it, unless anyone knows better??

Kind Regards

Dazz

Good job on the Hurri Mish, can't see any problems at all.

I'm also thinking of going from 1/48 scale but up to 1/32 - it's an age thing! If I went down to 1/72 I'd need glasses like a Japanese sniper.

Pete

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

Good job on the Hurri Mish, can't see any problems at all.

I'm also thinking of going from 1/48 scale but up to 1/32 - it's an age thing! If I went down to 1/72 I'd need glasses like a Japanese sniper.

Pete

The desert hurricane is my favourite scheme. And the IIc is my favourite of them all. Nice job.

I've been thinking of switching to 1/72 scale from 1/48 too. The cost of kits has been steadily going up,and my income is flat (being retired). Plus, there are many more choices of subjects in the Gentleman's Scale.

Congratulations.

Thanks, my main reasons for switching to 1:72 was space or lack of it to display my aircraft. A bonus was cost. most of the time kits are a lot cheaper :)