1983 Porsche 956 Rothmans

cjhm

Bodywork coming along, lots of masking followed by Tamiya X-4 Blue via airbrush, will need another few coats before I'm done

956_260513_1.jpg

Interior coming along too

Belts are from the detail set, I gave up trying to attach the shoulder straps to the PE mountings behind the seats and just glued the ends to the back of the seat, won't be noticeable once its all sealed up (hopefully)

956_260513_2.jpg

Not much time left, pressure on ...

Minor disaster, when removing the temporary hand hold I had glued to inside of rear bodywork it pulled a piece off the engine cover leaving a hole just outside the area to be covered by decals. This is a pic after filling and first wet sanding

I masked a 1cm square around the damage to limit damage to the rest of the paintwork whilst sanding and repainting. It's now had a thick coat of white from rattle can after remasking the 1cm area and I'm impatiently waiting for it to dry so I can rub it back.

956_020613_2.jpg

Determined sprint to the finish needed here

Been decaling this week but have started new job so time has been tight

Hope to be done by Sunday, fingers crossed

956_080613_1.jpg

Sorry folks, circumstances have conspired against me so am left stranded at the back of the circuit as the leaders pass the finish line.

Decals nearly done but then it needs a clear coat (Tamiya blue still seems very soft) to protect it before I paint inside of body shell and work on all the finishing off

I will make a WIP and post here when done

This is the first GB I have failed to finish (done 3 others) so am very disappointed

Good luck to the rest of you and thanks to Warren and Mark for leading

All the best

Chris

956_090613_1.jpg

That's coming on very nicely Chris, look forward to seeing the completed photos soon.

This year's race has been one of great attrition!

Cheers,

Warren

Such a shame that the Porsches failed to make the finish line, but I admit to biting off more than I could chew and was very ambitious with the the 917K. But you have a gorgeous looking 956 almost there and so don't forget to post the finished photos.

• 1 month later...