PVA - building bumps n lights

Sean_M

I am not quite sure how or where to start this? I need to replace some raised bolts in 1/48 scale. I read somewhere that someone reconstructed a taillight using PVA. In error I sanded avay some raised detail on the back of my 1/48 Hurricane seat armor plate. Any help would be great

Thanks

Sean

Have a look at Historex Agents down in Dover, they import the Archer range of rivets, waterslide decals with what looks like resin rivets printed onto the decal film.

A few guys have used them along with myself and they are very convincing and very handy for lots of areas where you need to cover a large area. They are quite expensive

so the other method is you use plastic stock such as 0.20 rod and cut it down very in very thin slices. Or use PVA in a syringe to dot the rivets, you might need a very small needle as well to make it controllable.

HTH

Dan

Or use PVA in a syringe to dot the rivets, you might need a very small needle as well to make it controllable.

That's it. I use sharpened toothpick instead of a niddle. Some practice is needed to make all the "rivets" look the same