1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 Le Mans.

triumphfan

• 1 month later...

Well, I have made some progress on the Alfa 8C. Painted in Alfa Romeo Rosso from Hiroboy, decals applied then clear coated with 2K.

002-10_zps847b44ea.jpg

001-11_zps84e185a1.jpg

Interior is painted up, quite a simple affair really. Dashboard has two instruments and a few switches. I replaced the handbrake and gear lever with wire as the resin parts were a bit rough.

I have replaced the headlights and driving lamps with items purchased from Little Cars as the kit parts were, again, a bit rough and the lenses had no diffuser detail, not very convincing.

Body has had a rub down and polish up to knock the 'wet look' from the 2K back a bit. I have also had to paint the race number on the grille as there wasn't one on the decal sheet, although there is clearly a race number on the grille in the photo on the box!

003-12_zpse97aa2c6.jpg

Windows are next followed by a marathon session of gluing P/E detail parts.

Steve.

Thanks guys. The decals were not too bad but the rear race roundels had the hair dryer and Micro-sol treatment to get them bedded down. Also had to make two small nicks in the edges and touch it in before clear coating.

Going to make some inroads on the 'glass' after dinner tonight.

I had hoped to build another before the end of the GB but there are other pressures appearing on the Horizon such as gardening and working on my Son's Mini.....

Steve.

On the final leg now. There are a lot of very tiny P/E details to put on at the end of the build, had to employ my magnifying head band (my Mrs always take the p**s when she sees me with it on!)

Instructions call for the Superleggera script on the back of the car but it broke into several pieces when I tried to form it into a curve to match the body lol.

An enjoyable build, the only really tough bit was the windows and the P/E details. I think I will probably make a piece up for the exhaust just to finish it off, when you look at the model at wheel level you can see it just ends in mid-air.

Couple of pics before final tiny P/E buttons, etc go on then a final (careful) polish and into the finished thread.

Should be able to take her to Modelissimo on Sunday.

Steve.

002-10_zpsb73e5d2f.jpg

001-11_zps6b699e7a.jpg