Airfix 1.24 Spitfire Vb

Right my swear box is full on this one... but for £18 (thanks Debanhams) wasent so bad real *cough* ive tried to add more details on the interior but i fell there should be more its just sooooo big and my patience started to flag. so here it is in all her glory... Introducing my Spitfire Vb.

20130303_154707.jpg

20130303_154738.jpg

20130303_154753.jpg

20130303_154841.jpg

20130303_154949.jpg

20130303_154920.jpg

20130303_154904.jpg

20130303_154855.jpg

20130303_154821.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 6

Love it.

Did you add anything inside the open inspection hatch? Nice idea to open it up, looks good.

Steve.

yes i did i added a radio box which to my guess is totaly out of scale and looks wrong to those who love spit :) ill dig out a pic for you.

yes i did i added a radio box which to my guess is totaly out of scale and looks wrong to those who love spit :) ill dig out a pic for you.

im no good at cutting out so this was a worrying time for me.

20130123_193318.jpg

20130303_174820.jpg

Very nice indeed.

Nicely grimed up without going mad and you seem to have avoided the flat wing/no dihedral problem that seems to afflict so many of the Airfix 1/24 Spits - well done.

Apart from the radio hatch is it OOB?

cheers

Rick

This was my most interesting moment the seat come out a treat after mixing loads of different browns i even made the buckles and joinings to the seat itself (not bad for somebody is not very arty) the green padding was a mix of green painted over tamiya tape god bless tamiya tape

20130121_222529.jpg

Very nice indeed.

Nicely grimed up without going mad and you seem to have avoided the flat wing/no dihedral problem that seems to afflict so many of the Airfix 1/24 Spits - well done.

Apart from the radio hatch is it OOB?

cheers

Rick

Thanks rick yes its all OOB apart from the bits i made. i swallowed the rear wheel (silly me i hear u ask) so had to make another but u cant tell .. i hope... as for the wings i guess i was lucky but i dint use any off the locating holes or pins i cut those off glues and prayed and this is the result.

Nice praying then! :D

are the wings normal that bad then ? at first i thought they were nearly flat like a Hurricane but held on while the glues set and bingo job done

Well, not sure if the radio is accurate either but I think it looks great, well done.

Nice heads up on the wing issue (possible issue?) Will be watching out for that when I get round to building mine.

What a lot of kit building pleasure for not much money. Thank you Debenhams, lol.

Steve.

• Like 1

That is lovely, a beautiful Spit!

I`m a bit worried about your reason for scrimming up your house, is it a REME thing?!!!

Cheers,

Tony O

(ex Arborfield brat so well versed with the workings of the REME mind, although I`m ex para RAMC/R.Sigs !)

• Like 1

That is lovely, a beautiful Spit!

I`m a bit worried about your reason for scrimming up your house, is it a REME thing?!!!

Cheers,

Tony O

(ex Arborfield brat so well versed with the workings of the REME mind, although I`m ex para RAMC/R.Sigs !)

HaHa thanks, my avatar is my Grandads cap badge and cuff buttons incased in clear resin which was made over 45 years ago, he was a Sgt Major in the Army (R.E.M.E) but sadly past away in the early 90s, as for me i passed all the tests to be a REME but the medical said no because of gout, go figer lol. So none of that squaddie humour is lost :)