1/48 Tamiya F-84G Thunderjet

This one is almost straight from the box apart from the addition of some of the CMK resin set which replaced the gun bays, cockpit and nose gear retraction leg. Other than that it was pretty much straight out of the box including the decals, which represent the subject of the box art, F-84G Thunderjet FS-271 of 508th SFW based at Turner AFB in 1956.

I know that the gun bay cover should be hinged at the front, but for the purposes of the photos this was left unattached and I think that the ladder should be zinc chromate yellow, which I'll re paint at some stage before she goes into the display cabinet. Other than that I am quite happy with the way she's turned out and welcome any comments, good, bad or down right ugly!

DSC_2056_zps2d0ef91c.jpg

DSC_2051_zps015fcfb5.jpg

DSC_2052_zpsce27551b.jpg

DSC_2055_zps34ef47c2.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for the comments chaps. I used Alclad for the finish and as I wanted this one to be nice and clean, I used Alclad's black primer followed by Chrome as the base coat. Various panels were picked out in Polished Aluminium and White Aluminium. The jet exhaust are was sprayed with a light dusting of Dark Aluminum to show a little discolouration around that area.

I've got rather fond of these 1950's USAF aircraft too, they certainly brighten up the modelling bench!

Edited by Busdriver

Ooh! Shiny. :coolio:

And tidy. And nicely put together. And did I say shiny? :goodjob:

Like yourself, I like the fifties and into sixties for some of the smashing colour applied to NMF aircraft.

Thanks for posting, and like Tango Fox, this inspires me to go try one myself, except in 1/72nd scale of course. Tamiya, Academy or Italeri though? Mmmm. :hmmm:

Very nice is that paint or bare metail foil... Stunning

Hi! It's Alclad II over a base coat of Alclad gloss black primer.