Tamiya DTM Mercedes CLK D2

Hi everyone,

Well after the Astra DTM I thought Id continue the DTM theme and give myself another challenge.... The Mercedes CLK in D2 livery, and as most car modellers will know there a few decals with this one!!

The kit itself went together without a problem, usual Tamiya quality and fit. The fun was as expected in the decals.

I broke the body into stages and did sections at a time using Microset and Sol, they settled down pretty well over the curves.

I also fitted the full SMS Carbon Fibre Set, well if you gonna do decals may aswell do em all!! :)

The main dissapointment was after Id finished and laid down the clear cote, it 'melted' some of the decals. The clear Cote probably went on a bit thick, but you live and learn!!

On display in the cabinet it looks ok!!

Anyway, here are a few pics!!

DSCF6951.jpg

DSCF6953.jpg

DSCF6954.jpg

DSCF6956.jpg

DSCF6957.jpg

DSCF6970.jpg

DSCF6971.jpg

DSCF6972.jpg

DSCF6976.jpg

DSCF6977.jpg

DSCF6979.jpg

DSCF6980.jpg

Any comments greatly received!!

Thanks for looking

Matt :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, the Bodywork was painted with Tamiya Sprays, the silver and the Clearcote.

I think the problem was down to a slightly heavy clear cote, I did do a mist cote first though. Oh well you live and learn!!

Thanks for looking

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for all the comments guys, Overall I am pleased with the build and it looks good in the cabinet next to the Astra.

Im taking a break and building a plane at the moment before cracking on with the Trilux Revell Merc DTM!!

Thanks for looking

Matt :)

• 2 weeks later...