2007 Le Mans Panoz Esperante Team LNT

Madmonk

My first build for the is GB will be the PM 1/43rd resin kit of the 2007 Team LNT Panoz Esperante GT2.

The reason being that I went to the race in 2007 and met up with someone I know from the team and managed to get into the teams pit and onto pitlane about 2 hours before the race started. The season before thay won the GT2 class with the same car and entered 2 cars in 2007.

The kit box.

IMG_0283_zpsdd4a55cd.jpg

And its contents, resin, PE, white metal and vacform windows.

IMG_0284_zps685be640.jpg

Roll on March 9th!

Cheers,

Warren

Good choice. PM's kits are always an inspiration and joy both to open the box of and to build. They have always been so ever since the good old days with the more simple kits when they were Provence Moulage in the blue/white boxes. Nearly every monthly news letter (printed on paper and arriving with the post man...) had a new "must have" kit.

Just put my order intoHiroboy for a jar of RAL2004 Pure Orange so should be ready to rock and roll at the weekend!

Cheers,

Warren

• 1 month later...

Finally got to get started with this.

First task to test fit the major parts.

Chassis

IMG_0491_zps2f78b9f4.jpg

Body work fitted

IMG_0492_zps2fb519c3.jpg

The kit is a fully opened version but there is no hinge mechanism for the door so I have inserted a small brass rod into the bottom of the door and a hole in the door sill which works okay.

All opening parts fitted.

IMG_0493_zpsdf81524d.jpg

The first issue with the kit was the front wheels which stick out by a couple of mm, this is due to the chassis having lugs on that interfere with the metal wheel inserts. In the picture I have removed the lugs from the right hand side.

IMG_0495_zps8ed48f8a.jpg

That's all for now.

Cheers,

Warren

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to putting some primer on.

First coat was grey just to highlight and pin holes or blemishes and other than a very odd seam on one door the body castings were perfect.

two further coats of white and here is where we are at.

IMG_0003_zps8f827f93.jpg

I've started using Alclad primer as it gives a very fine , smooth and thin coating but covers very well.

Out with the orange Zero paint tomorrow!

Cheers,

Warren

Good day in the shed, managed to get 3 coats of Zero RAL2004 on the main body parts and then 2 coats of Alclad Aqua Gloss.

For those of you of a certain age, my car's been Tango'd!!

With flash

IMG_0004_zpsdbdf706c.jpg

And without

IMG_0009_zps8d4d58ce.jpg

Will leave it for a day or two before the decals go on.

Cheers,

Warren

Very good choice and a fantastic scheme, love the tangerine! I've still got a couple of PM and other 43rd kits in my stash but other things keep getting in the way!

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to putting the decals on. Not the easiest as those decals that go across openings are one so some careful cutting needed.

IMG_0040_zps1d7665b1.jpg

IMG_0042_zps9ba98e7c.jpg

Back to painting black next for the interior.

Cheers,

Warren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final push is now on.

Chassis is built up with the engine and interior all fitted.

IMG_0511_zpsc871f54a.jpg

IMG_0509_zps7c3e02b9.jpg

And with the bodywork, now with all PE grills fitted.

IMG_0505_zpsaf39a1ee.jpg

Cheers,

Warren

Thanks guys,

Steve, the detail is quite good thougha bit generic in places and certainly not up to the Tameo WCT range in this scale.

Cheers,

Warren