Fw 190 D-9 "Red 3", Hasegawa 1/32

hi guys!!

this fw 190 d-9 "Red 3" of the "Jagdverband 44" was flown by hauptmann waldemar wübke at ainring airfield as a member of the famous "sachsenbergschwarm" in april 1945. the "doras"where delegated as "platzschutzstaffel" to protect the taking off an landing phase of the me 262 jetfighters at munich-riem airfield.
to make the d-9 clearly visible to the ground crews of the aa-gun protection the planes where manually painted to have a red underside with white stripes.
the platzschutzstaffel of jv44 is also known as "galland's flying circus".

it's a great kit and it was really fun to build this model.

Dora.JPG

Dora%20%281%29.JPG

Dora%20%282%29.JPG

Dora%20%283%29.JPG

Dora%20%284%29.JPG

Dora%20%285%29.JPG

Dora%20%286%29.JPG

Best regards

Stefan :)

Edited by BigZimmo
  • Like 3

Lovely model, great photography and I now know why they were painted red with white stripes! :goodjob:

But the missing marking on the fin, would that be one of those equilateral crosses with four arms bent at 90 degrees?

Edited by Busdriver

Lovely model, great photography and I now know why they were painted red with white stripes! :goodjob:

But the missing marking on the fin, would that be one of those equilateral crosses with four arms bent at 90 degrees?

Thanks, Busdriver. :)

In Germany it is not allowed to show swastikas. Also not on the fin of a model. Therefore, I do not attach it.