Airfix 1/48 Spitfire PR XIX

Was delivered 20/02, started building 22/02 and finished today. Bit of a record for me!

The model almost builds itself. As I was building it with the lid closed, I used an antique set of Extratech belts. The cockpit is more than adequate if closed up.

p1110015h.th.jpg
p1110016z.th.jpg

Regardless of what Brett says on HS, you cannot pose it canopy open using the kit canopy unless you do a bit of excavating to the inside of the canopy. That's what I did when I built the Mk XII.
I drilled out the exhausts replaced the air scoop with one made from sheet copper and fitted a monofilament whip aerial and that was about it.
The MSG was Gunze and the PRU was a hombrew of 4 parts XL18 Medium Blue + 1 part XL66 Light Grey plus a couple of drops of Tamiya clear blue and clear gloss was added to brace it.
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/p1110017h.jpg/'>p1110017h.th.jpg
p1110018r.th.jpg
p1110019l.th.jpg
p1110020.th.jpg

Dave

Edited by Dave Gibson
  • Like 3

Dave Gibson said: Regardless of what Brett says on HS, you cannot pose it canopy open using the kit canopy unless you do a bit of excavating to the inside of the canopy. Look for yourself at hyperscale.

Well Brett really did, so it is up to us to ask how he did it!

NP

Beautiful build of the most beautiful Spitfire Mark, blessedly free of panel line washes!

You might want to consider full size pics on the forum instead of thumbnails, though. I suspect that not everyone jumps through the hoops of navigating to Imageshack and look for the enlargement button… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

Beautiful build of the most beautiful Spitfire Mark, blessedly free of panel line washes!

You might want to consider full size pics on the forum instead of thumbnails, though. I suspect that not everyone jumps through the hoops of navigating to Imageshack and look for the enlargement button… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

He he! Spitfire31: You are wrong. The most beautiful Spitfire is the one you are looking at ... anytime!

NP

I got inspired by an old Carlsberg add: When does a Carlsberg tast the best? Anytime.