Short Sunderland Mk.I / 1:72 / Italeri

Hi! Really Great job! I think it is the earliest presentation of this assembled kit in the net.

Edited by dymuwa
  • Like 1

Hi! Really Great job! I think it is one of the earliest presentation of this assembled kit in the net.

I am very glad to see you, Dmitriy! :winkgrin:. I can not hide anywhere from Russian Mafia :analintruder:. I think your artwork will also be very interesting for this users too.

Nice work, Fuad! Great finish and weathering!

And very impressive display stand! Is it scratbuilt or some kind of ready product? Only one thing confusing me in this model are old Matchbox-fashioned trenches of panel lines (of course, it's not your fault).

Thanks for the comments, dear colleagues.

And very impressive display stand! Is it scratbuilt or some kind of ready product?

Stand is made at my request, from one of the most talented modelers in the world. His nickname Slava Trudu. Next display stand you can see on my Bachem Ba-349a Natter model.

Thanks for sharing this build, I will be using this as a reference when I get round to building this kit in the future. I live in the town where 210 Squadron were based for the first years of the war (Oban, west coast of Scotland) and I am keen to build up a 210 Squadron Sunderland and possibly a 209 Squadron Catalina who were also based here.

• 3 weeks later...

I am delighted to see one built out-of-the-box more or less. It bears out my thoughts about those awful panel lines.

You have done a pretty nice job here. I think the weathering is quite good - Sunderlands did have a hard life and some were very tatty looking indeed.

I am delighted to see one built out-of-the-box more or less. It bears out my thoughts about those awful panel lines.

You have done a pretty nice job here. I think the weathering is quite good - Sunderlands did have a hard life and some were very tatty looking indeed.

I did chipping with the thin brush and aluminum paint.

Thank you, guys! Such comments inspire me to new works.

Great work , does spur me on to get mine finished . Cant understand all the fuss about the deep panel lines though, ,, by the time you have sanded all the ill fitting joins down theres none left !!. :shutup:

Not sure how I came to miss this before, thats a really nice build & all the better for being out of the box. I'm pleased to see how the panel lines look without modification & although they're obviously too heavy, under a scheme like this I could live with them. A layer of dust & you'd never be able to tell. :lol:

Steve.