1/48 - IAI Kfir C.2/C.7 & C.10 by Kinetic - released

Homebee

Another (I mean after the AvantGarde Model Kits Kfir - see here http://www.britmodeller.net/forums/index.php?/topic/234925006-148th-iai-kfir-c2c7-by-avantgarde-model-kits-expected-late-march-2013-sprues-pics/ ) 1/48th IAI Kfir C.2/.7 from Kinetic (with decals design from Isracast) - ref.480476

Source: SAMI

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

On pre-order at LM for GBP +/-30.00, P&P incl.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48046

PI000000194662.jpg

Model Features:

. Positionable flaps

. Cockpits and ejection seats for both C2/C7

. Python-3, Mk82, CBU-10, Griffon LGB and Laser Designator included

. Subsonic and supersonic fuel tanks included

. Nose gear landing lamps with clear part

. HUD with clear parts

. Full air intake duct and detailed J79 engine nozzle

. Super detailed landing gear bay

. Open / close main wing airbrake

Decal Markings:

. KFIR C7 number 553 'Venus', 'The Arava Guardians' squadron, Hatzor AF Base, 1988.

. KFIR C7 number 539 'Venus' (Hebrew version), 'The Arava Guardians' squadron, Hatzor AF Base, 1992.

. KFIR C7 number 521 'Pluto', 'The Arava Guardians' squadron, Hatzor AF Base, 1994.

. KFIR C2 number 805 'The Valley' squadron, Ramat-David AF Base, 1983.

. KFIR C2 number 861 'Venus', 'The Valley' squadron, Ramat-David AF Base, 1985.

hi-PI000000186773.jpg

They're obviously ready to do everything to be on the market before the AvantGarde Moldel kit - release: March 2013.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mean that the rest of the Mirage 111 family will arrive including the Cheetah offshoots?

Not necessarily. The Kfir has a very different wing and an even more different fuselage; even the noses are different (you probably know this). The way those sprues are laid out, it seems as though almost all of them would need replacing to make an original Mirage, especially the major airframe parts. Drop-in sections might be possible for some smaller parts, but hardly worth the effort beside the top two sprues. Which is a shame.

Does this mean that the rest of the Mirage 111 family will arrive including the Cheetah offshoots? Heres hoping.

Cheers

Chris

Mirage IIIE & 5BA are being done by Pilot Replicas from Florida. pretty sure they said they're planning more variants. US price about $69.

Paul Harrison

Hmmm...probably not able to do an F-21 in answer to my own question! Scarlet is right - hopefully they'll add sprues so one can be done in the future

Andy, while an F-21 can't be made OOB, the structural modifications needed are IMHO not too difficult. Backdating the wing to the original Mirage design is maybe the hardest part, but is doable. Alternatively, using parts from a 1/48 Mirage III could be considered.

I received mine today from Luckymodel and very nice it looks too.Unfortunately the paint/decals guide is missing from the box so I've contacted Luckymodel for a replacement.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 1

Andy, while an F-21 can't be made OOB, the structural modifications needed are IMHO not too difficult. Backdating the wing to the original Mirage design is maybe the hardest part, but is doable. Alternatively, using parts from a 1/48 Mirage III could be considered.

I think you're right Giorgio - been having a look at this (a lot!). Bit of a toss-up whether to order one and tackle the mods (I have an Academy III that I could use as the rest of the kit is pants) or wait...