1/48 - SEPECAT/BAe Jaguar GR.1/GR.3 by Kitty Hawk - released

Homebee

It does, just remember that the spine under the tail is a little bit too low, so if it bothers you, you'll need to bulk it up somehow... oh, and replace all the panel lines that aren't there on the underside, and so on ;)

Sure Mike, kick a fella when he's down. I'm sticking with my two Airfix kits as well. Although the new kits do look nice, just can't see chuckin' the loot I have already for the two Airfix kits to start all over again.

So we'll just have to watch you review and build it up and shiny for us to be envious of! :winkgrin:

Cheers,

Are we still likely to see it though Calum? thats the question. Not sure how far along Italeri are with their's and also they arent the best known either for getting all the little details right.

I lbelieve they have dropped their forthcoming H34 due to the gallery kit being released. It would not surprise me if they (italeri) dropped the Jag as well

Bruce

I hope not Bruce, I'm not completely sold on the Kittyhawk kit. It is better than the Airfix one though

OK - I'll certainly get one and give it a good looking at. From the pictures, I think I'll need a new seat - that looks like a 9B2 - ok for the 80's jet but not for the other two options ( if it's a B3 the opposite will of course apply )

Of course, if anyone want's to send me one free to critique......... :evil_laugh:

Never mind the weapons, has it got a recce pod??? :hobbyhorse: The lack of 2 or 41 Sqn markings may mean not, but of course they may have included one anyway. Like others, I'm waiting for both this and the Italeri before I part with money.

Not a big fan of open panels etc but, I do like the option of showing the model with everything hanging ( flaps,spoilers,slats etc) . Brings the thing alive.

Allan

Pretty sure that the grey/green version (XX732) wouldn't have had overwing pylons (far too early)

John

Hmmm. As you'll know, the Hasegawa 1/72 Jag which contained XX732's markings as an option came with the overwing pylons (and Magics rather than AIM-9), but this was because the other decals are/were for a Jag International, which had the pylons. I wonder if a fond memory of the Hasegawa Jag (the instructions of which said you could hang the Magics on XX732s outboard pylons, IIRC...) has led to a slight mis-remembering of which airframe carried the overwing pylons?

Part of me says that with eight Airfix Jags in the stash (or is it nine?) I ought to pass on this, but... I may have to succumb (particularly if the correct LGBs are in the box, even if these are liberated for use on a different kit).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooh very nice. Must get a couple of those. :Tasty:

First obvious mistake (correct me if I'm wrong) but they've moulded a hydraulic hand pump stowed in both port and stbd rear undercarriage doors.....should only be on the port. A quick and easy fix, but it looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble to research the detail just to get a bit wobbly somewhere so easy to see compared to the rest of it..

Thank you Aires ! :)

Ooh very nice. Must get a couple of those. :Tasty:

First obvious mistake (correct me if I'm wrong) but they've moulded a hydraulic hand pump stowed in both port and stbd rear undercarriage doors.....should only be on the port. A quick and easy fix, but it looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble to research the detail just to get a bit wobbly somewhere so easy to see compared to the rest of it..

Thank you Aires ! :)

Correct, the hand pump should be on the port door only

I've been looking at getting one of these for a while - The issues that I've found from around the web are that OOB you can only build a GR1 accurately, it comes with 25 loads however only 5 of them are applicable for RAF use (The rest are French).

For those wondering - It only comes with 1 external tank.

I'm a bit torn - I've got an Airfix one in the stash, tempting to bash the two together!

• 3 years later...

Any news on a re-release of the KH GR1/GR3? It appears to have vanished from sale anywhere (I realise this may please some people).

Or anyone else has one in the works?

We really need something a bit better than the Airfix/Revell/Heller offerings.

If anypne wants to Lidar a real one I know where this could be done for the appropriate donation

On 19/06/2013 at 12:57, Calum said:

We so need a Modern/Cold war British Weapons set in 1/48

100%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Any news on a re-release of the KH GR1/GR3? It appears to have vanished from sale anywhere (I realise this may please some people).

Kitty Hawk have ceased trading, so unless the moulds have been sold, I doubt we'll see it again

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, RMP2 said:

1 hour ago, thepureness said:

Kitty Hawk have ceased trading, so unless the moulds have been sold, I doubt we'll see it again

There is one for sale on that well known auction site. Only £230 as a buy it now. Roll up Roll up the desperate out there

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, thepureness said:

Ah. That'd explain it. I wasn't aware