1/48 - SEPECAT/BAe Jaguar GR.1/GR.3 by Kitty Hawk - released

Homebee

Here's the box art from de future KittyHawk 1/48th BAe Jaguar GR.1/GR.3 kit - ref. KH80106

Source: http://s406.beta.photobucket.com/user/KAGNEW-71-73/media/brvbar-brvbar-_zpsb4058b3e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "sepecat jaguar kitty hawk"

Waiting now the Italeri new tool 1/48th Jaguar GR.1/.3 (ref.2714 - see herebelow) for a product comparison...

Yoda.gif

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

The bombs look to be French versions? But I think this may be one of my next things to buy. By the way isn't it kitty hawk making it, not kinetic (probably a typo) ;)

Edited by Mozzy19

Scheduled for release end of May/Early June although it's not clear which location (Far East or Europe)....judging by the mis-aligned release of the Kittyhawk Mirage F.1B (should have been in Europe in late January and its now first week of March) could be July/August before we see it here.

Tiger331

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you get more than one drop tank!

Nice to see XX732 though - I hope they've got the zaps on the starboard fin and forward fuselage included in the kit's decals:

http://sepecat.info/b/2009/09/29/jaguar-54sq-xx732-sharkmouth/

BTW XX732 was destroyed in a crash in 1986 near Hawick, so as John (12jaguar) points out it's unlikely it would have had overwing pylons. Didn't they first appear on RAF Jags in 1991 for the Gulf War?

Simon

Hopefully you get more than one drop tank!

Nice to see XX732 though - I hope they've got the zaps on the starboard fin and forward fuselage included in the kit's decals:

http://sepecat.info/b/2009/09/29/jaguar-54sq-xx732-sharkmouth/

BTW XX732 was destroyed in a crash in 1986 near Hawick, so as John (12jaguar) points out it's unlikely it would have had overwing pylons. Didn't they first appear on RAF Jags in 1991 for the Gulf War?

Simon

Remembered now, the pylons were introduced as a Special Trial Fit in 1990,

John

Does this mean I have to turf my Airfix one now?

Lemme see, thats 3 Wessex 1 H34 several Lunar modules and a CSM in the bin

This new kits replacing old lark is getting a bit spensive!

Sod that, I'll still build my Airfix one - it only cost me £10 and still looks like a Jag

Pretty sure that the grey/green version (XX732) wouldn't have had overwing pylons (far too early)

John

Spot on - that was zapped at GAF Husum August 1979 (I know, I was on the exercise living in a HAS) - far too early. Im also hoping the chute cone isnt the same for the GR1 & 3?

Might give this one a go though.

Sod that, I'll still build my Airfix one - it only cost me £10 and still looks like a Jag

It does, just remember that the spine under the tail is a little bit too low, so if it bothers you, you'll need to bulk it up somehow... oh, and replace all the panel lines that aren't there on the underside, and so on ;)

Urgh. Those decal drawings (whilst beautifully done) don't fill me with confidence for various reasons (all late-style chute cones, early aerial/strobes and late chaff/flare dispensers on all too I think, plus the aforementioned issues with pylons/LGBs, etc). I'm not usually one for throwing up criticism in public but I've been really, really looking forward to this and at first glance it does kind of appear that it could prove to be a victim of a rush job...

Knowing what the price will likely be and how beautifully moulded the kit will be too, that's going to be awfully disappointing if it's let down by shoddy research. Personally, I quite like the options to open doors although I accept that some people would rather not pay for such gimics but seriously, how can efforts be poured in to making all that work and (potentially...we'll see) external details be screwed up. We're all human and mistakes do happen but these are kinda Jag basics I'd say...

Still, that's just my first take but it could require a small bank loan to buy the kit plus all the aftermarket to put it right. Hopefully it'll all be alright on the night but if not, let's see what you've got, Italeri!!

Andy

Although on second thoughts I do accept that much of that is easily fixed. I just hope it's not a prelude to anything more major.

No doubt I'll still find myself buying one!

Andy

Are we still likely to see it though Calum? thats the question. Not sure how far along Italeri are with their's and also they arent the best known either for getting all the little details right.

I lbelieve they have dropped their forthcoming H34 due to the gallery kit being released. It would not surprise me if they (italeri) dropped the Jag as well

Bruce