1/32 Revell Lynx- Conversion to AH-7

Lynx7

This is why I was so keen to be able to post again, I wanted to add my congratulations and praise.

What a superb job, truly. Several of the pictures really do look like the 1/1 aircraft rather than "only a model". The paint, the scratchbuilt details and accessories, understated weathering, they all combine to produce a beautiful piece of - dare I say it - art.

The fact you posted such detailed in-progress updates shows relatively inexperienced modellers like myself what goes into a job like this and that it is actually achievable.

I too hope the conversion kit comes out as I'd love a decent-sized Army Lynx and this would surely fit the bill.

Thanks for sharing the build with us, I've saved several of these photos for inspiration and reference.

Also, as an aside: how is the Fujimi 1/144 kit in accuracy OOB? I'm keen to pick up a couple.

Edited by k5054nz

I'm not sure how I missed this one when I logged in yesterday! :hypnotised:

And there's really nothing I can add that hasn't been said already (especially as I know nowt about this helicopter!).

But.. Here's a quick bump up to the top of the page in appreciation of some amazing work. :cheers:

Thats one great looking model. Its so well done. I like all the extra details you added. Since Trumpeter is taking their sweet time getting the H34 in 1/35 scale out this helo might be might my next project. I sure hope i can make as good as yours.

Awesome work my friend.

Oliver

Fantastic, looks awesome in this scale. For us mere mortals, please cast all these parts and sell as conversion sets! ;-)

Adam

Thank you very much all, very much appreciated!

K5054nz, the little Fujimi kit is actually pretty good for the size. Get the clear version if you can. Means you can have clear screens as opposed to decals if you got the version with solid coloured sprues. Just for you, I completed my 1/144 Lynx :thumbsup:

Tiny Lynx here

Thank you very much all! It really is appreciated.

:-D You are far too kind!

The big question is: what's next?

Hmm, a bit of an enforced break whilst I move house but next Lynx will not end up as a Lynx :winkgrin:

I've just received the Eduard PE for the Airfix Lynx. Interior, exterior and cockpit stuff. It really is very good indeed on first glance. As usual, a few nebulous bits but on the whole very good. Eduard should be releasing the 1/32 sets in the very near future so looking forward to those too.

• 1 month later...