Revell 1:48 Mosquito B Mk IV (finished!)

A fantantic result! Love those spinning props that really add some life to the finsihed article. Well done. look forward to seeing some more shots in the gallery.

Mark

Sun was shining for a few minutes this morning so I dashed out into the conservatory to take some photos:

DSCF7564.JPG

DSCF7565.JPG

DSCF7566.JPG

DSCF7569.JPG

DSCF7571.JPG

I'll post the 4 best in the GB gallery...

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kallisti

Love the build and the way you have displayed your model. Really nice (and unusual) to see an aircraft displayed with control surface deflections.

One very minor comment (purely from a pilot's perspective you understand) but unless your Mossie is just starting to roll out of the right turn, then the ailerons are deflected in the wrong direction.

Hi Roland
This was pointed out to me previously and of course my defence is that we are seeing the pilot CORRECTING his bank to starboard - ahem ;)

Since the photos were taken, I've adjusted the ailerons so that the deflection isn't so violent and is in the "correct" direction :)

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1

As you can see I've filed off most of the parachute he would normally be sitting on and will be attaching the torso differently to the way the pilot goes together. I've been able to source a replacement parachute from the ICM RAF figures set I used originally in my BoB Diorama a couple of years ago. I never used the pilot in the diorama so he's still on the sprue and he comes with a separate parachute pack!

This is superb and has changed my opinion of the Revell Mossie. I've always avoided it because of the short undercarriage and blunt spinners, but an in-flight model like this looks excellent, and the spinners look much better than I'd previously believed as well. Well done Sir!

I appreciate this is much, much too late but one comment on the crew if I may. Although Mosquito pilots used seat-type parachutes, the navs used a chest pack which was stowed on top of the pedal box when in flight. The nav retrieved the pack when needed and clipped it to fittings on his harness so that it laid across his chest before bailing out. The pilot has a bucket seat (which can accomodate his seat pack) but and the nav just has a cushion perched on top of the wing spar so there's nowhere for a seat-type pack to sit.

Mark

Interesting point - I should have noticed that when painting the nav seat. Never mind, you can barely see it anyway :)

The spinners have been thinned down from the OOB versions - the original shape is very much fatter.

Thanks for the comments though, I'm very pleased people like it!