Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1`s , Impreza WRC , Sauber C9

Red 5

Finally got these finnished , trying to clear a back log of half made kits , not perfect but pleased that they are done , all 1/24 Tamiya , First up - Sauber C9 Suzuka version (original LM`s kit decals were shot) , 99 Impreza WRC (Italy) , 1997 Le Mans Porsche GT1`s sadly neither of these cars finnished the race.

Any advice/opinions good or bad very much appriciated ( best way to learn and improve )

Cheers

Red 5

124scale036_zpsf99003aa.jpg124scale019_zps5f24ca69.jpg016_zps4edafb91.jpg

124scale042_zpsf7ef48a1.jpg124scale055_zps77f868ef.jpg124scale049_zps4f7bab93.jpg124scale056_zps3c144284.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strange that some of the best liveried cars are/were sponsored by cigarette or booze companies. I built the Rothmans 956 a few years back and from memory the kit came without the words ROTHMANS in the transfers. Bugged me for a long time. A bit like having Luftwaffe aircraft without swastikas on the tail. Eventually found an aftermarket set of ROTHMANS transfers and finally put that one to bed. Did this car race without the words MARLBOROUGH or are you having the same frustration? I know that once cigarette advertising started to become restricted lots of cars removed names of sponsors but kept the colour scheme.

I agree with you Sid the best race car/bike liverys were Marlboro Camel Rothmans and JPS in my eyes also right up there is anything sponsored by Gulf , as for the gt1 the car ran without Marlboro logo`s in the 1997 Le Mans 24hr due to French licencing laws banning tobacco advertising .

Cheers

Red 5