Je suis un rock star

Je avais une residence

Je habite-la

In the sarf of France

Voulez-vous

Partir wiv me

And come and restez-la

Wiv me in France.

Nope. I'm not building a Concorde. Or a hovercraft (that would've been cool!)

But BEA's on strike. There's no planes flyin'...

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 1

Okay... it's a Vickers Viscount in BEA livery! :D

Whenever I see an aircraft in BEA livery, I'm reminded of that Bill Wyman song.

Anyroads... The kit is by S&M Models, with decals from TwoSix Decals.

001_zpsa1755452.jpg

The kit has very few parts...

002_zpsbbc084c3.jpg

003_zps547dca7b.jpg

004_zpsf48e6cc4.jpg

Assembly won't take long! :)

005_zpsdaf85cfb.jpg

Told ya! :lol:

006_zps14a4057b.jpg

007_zps149daf56.jpg

I'm going to try something different on this one. There are no panel lines on the kit - just control surface breaks which are rather Matchboxesque. So I'm going to fill them and use the TwoSix detail set to provide any surface detail.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done a bit of painting...

The white is Alclad white primer. The rest of the paint is Lifecolor: UA043 Grey; LC074 Gloss Natural Metal; LC056 Gloss Red.

010.jpg

A few minor touchups, a couple of squirts of Klear and we'll be ready for the decals next weekend.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished! :yahoo:

This one has been fun! The kit is simpler than the simplest thing in Simpleland. However, it still needs some refining. Nevertheless, it's a good 'un. I recommend that every member of BM get one of these, 'cos you can never have to many Viscounts! :lol:

The TwoSix decals are superb. But that seems to be par for the course with TwoSix. Incidentally, the kit decals are by TwoSix as well.

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Here's one I made earlier...

019.jpg

So... where to now? Vanguard? BAC 1-11? Yes, if I can find the kits. Oh... and G-AOYR was painted in a huge variety of liveries, so if (when) I build another Viscount, it will probably be YR again. Unless I build a whif in RAF Transport Command camouflage...

• Like 4

That's gorgeous - just impeccably neat and the colours are rich and vibrant. How did you mask the red on the wing leading edge where it follows the line of the nacelles?

• Like 1

How did you mask the red on the wing leading edge where it follows the line of the nacelles?

I photocopied the TwoSix Decals stencil sheet and cut out a mask from that. I attached the mask with Copydex.