V1 launch site by armegeddon in resin at 1/72

jetboy

Hi thought you might want a look at this before i build it,not quite space orientated but really its where all things missily started,could be classed as the first cruise missile?.Anyway have a look at it before i build it, cheers Don

138_zps4e8fde56.jpg

139_zps51d88948.jpg

140_zps05e304ac.jpg

that was the box,now the instructions

141_zps9ac932dc.jpg

142_zpsc8eccc23.jpg

now the trees,actually there is more,for the emplacement than the actual v1,you do get the concrete sides ror the ramp enclosure,and pillbox etc?

143_zps50910e1b.jpg

144_zpsbcc3d0d8.jpg

145_zpsfcd28d71.jpg

the launch ramp

146_zps3340ecf0.jpg

147_zps702e1a6e.jpg

the two V1,s you get,with a tamiya one for comparison

148_zps1dc12c2f.jpg

149_zps2bb11286.jpg

the launch trolleys

150_zps16379073.jpg

the v1 starter

151_zps7aad6581.jpg

152_zps1c49fa3f.jpg

153_zps3b554047.jpg

thats it,i think its made by Mach 2 ,so we will see how it goes together,i will post the build in the other section,

cheers Don

147_zps702e1a6e.jpg

• Like 1

Thats kind of cool

And Bless Me - Is that an old Hawk V1 in the background? I recall buying one of those mail order from a supplier in the USA when I was a boy and sending off an International Money Order. No Paypal or Visa card then

Warning - nostalgia attack !

I would love to get my hands on the measurements for one of those, so I could blow it up to 1:48. Is the kit expensive?

HI,MIKE,what measurements do you want,if you let me know before i build it,i can send you the kit,as long as i get it back.otherwise,i paid 100 pound for it 2 years ago about on e.bay,but saw it recently in hannants for about 60.00,let me know,Don

Edited by jetboy

Thats kind of cool

And Bless Me - Is that an old Hawk V1 in the background? I recall buying one of those mail order from a supplier in the USA when I was a boy and sending off an International Money Order. No Paypal or Visa card then

Warning - nostalgia attack !

Hi john, or eagle eye....if you look further down this forum,i showed the kit off in all its glory....cheers Don

All, just be aware Armageddon are an imprint of Mach 2 models, which means it will have Mach 2 quirks. But, nothing that any competent modeller shouldn't be able to overcome. Looking at the link below it can be can built up very nicely indeed.

http://www.mach2.fr/uk_page_v1.htm

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

My suggestion would be to go for the Azimut 1/35 launch ramp kits (unfortunately not cheap) but deemed as accurate.

http://www.phpshopxml.com/azimut.shop/CID/b8c22571ce05e0fc78737af953ac35f9/function/itemSearchResultPageDisplay/shopSearchType/itemSearchTitle

Slightly cheaper but not quite to the same standard, but still good is the Accurate Armour launch ramp set:

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=0&category=15&subcategory=19&product=453

These are however, 1/35 for use with the Bronco kits, so are quite large when all pieced together.

On the subject of the V1, a company called Custom Miniatures (I think as it was a long time ago - late '80s, I also think it may have been exclusively sold through Dorking Models?) produced a multi-media 1/12 scale V1 with a complete interior and cutaways so one could see all the 'gubbins'. My got damaged in a house move and I foolishly binned it instead of repairing it. I have not seen one offered for sale for many a year. So I'm guessing if anybody had one it might fetch a penny or two on that well know internet auction site. I sure wish I had one now.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk