http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2013/Bilder_VH/Nuernberg_2013_VH_030.htm

This certainly looks like a step up from the old kit! Although it's a shame that they haven't re-engineered the windscreen parts to make assembly easier - hopefully the fit at least will be better. Separate doors are a nice touch.

Does anyone know if the Red Bull boxing is a reboxing of this new tool or the old tool. If my memory serves me, the Red Bull boxing is due for release before this one.

thanks,

Andrew

hi its a reissue of the old kit

see following link http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2013.html

hmmm, yes. I also saw this:

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/revell-neuheiten-2013/2013/

hence my confusion...

It would seem a bit odd to release a rebox of an old (and not terribly great) kit a mere month before a new tool.... :shrug: . I know applying common sense to these issues is foolhardy at best, but you'd think Red Bull might prefer their branding on a new and improved kit?

Just have to wait and see...

Andrew

• 2 months later...

hi its a reissue of the old kit

see following link http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2013.html

Hi, I'm the one who built the testshot model for Nuremberg toy fair. I was also involved in "proof-reading" the different testshot versions since December last year.

Trust me, it's a complete new tool and will first be released with German ADAC and Swiss TCS decals in July this year.

Stay tuned!

Edited by troschi
  • Like 1

Hi Troschi,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to getting my hands on it. What are your thoughts on the windscreen? Does it fit better/easier than the previous kit?

Also have they corrected the blade direction?

Paul

Edited by PMC

Hi Troschi,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to getting my hands on it. What are your thoughts on the windscreen? Does it fit better/easier than the previous kit?

Also have they corrected the blade direction?

Paul

They've corrected every mistake, missing things or dissatisfying issue with the new kit:

• correct turning direction of main rotor
  • correct asymmetrical arrangement of fenestron parts
  • correct height of tail fin
  • correct slightly bulged cabin windows
  • correct length of skid tubes with the low skid gear
  • correct stand appearance with low skid gear
  • correctly shaped cabin and crew seats
  • added missing dampers on upper main rotor blades
  • no wrong "bend" in main rotor blades any more
  • defenitely superior solution for the exhaust tubes
  • added window in rear clam shell shields glass in upper windshied
  • addes missing interior paneling (NO interior surface remains "naked" back side of fuselage halve)
  • added lots of interior details that were partly missing in the previous kit (medical interior, different panel versions, emergency signal transmitter, dual controls or single controls with appropriate covers for left seat, rotor brake lever, correct collective lever etc.)
  • covered fuel filler cap
  • overall detail much better - e.g. transparent parts for strobes and anti-collision lights, finer rotor mast and gearbox compartment...

The new kit is quite comprehensive. The model of the fair booth was built out of the very first testshots. There are already a second and a third version of testshots with further detail improvements. However, the kit is not ready for a release yet - there are still some things to do.

I had some troubles with the first testshot (besides having no CAD drawings or other instructions). There was a lot of tension in the fuselage due to the tightness of the interior construction, gear box installation and the minor glueing contact fields with the fuselage halves. This all should be solved when the kit is ready.

The overall windshield fitting is good and far ahead of the old kit. In contrast to the old one, the center pillar (from the peak of the parabolic curve to the point where the windscreen wiper is placed) is moulded in the transparent windshield part and is not a part of the fuselage halves anymore - this improves a lot and makes filling there unnecessary. Although you can see a gap with the display model on the lower edge of the windscreen left of the radar nose. This is due to the tension and slight distortion of the whole fuselage construction mentioned above and shouldn't ne an issue with the release version anymore.

Nevertheless, the kit needs a careful planning of the construction and intensive dry fitting to avoid gaps, tension and filling.

I certainly emphasize at this point: As this was all built out of the very first testshots, it would be wrong to make conclusions about the actual release

Edited by troschi
  • Like 1

Wow, comprehensive changes :goodjob:

Looking forward to it's release even more now! July you say (marking calendar)

Thanks very much for taking the time to write such a detailed post. Really appreciate it

:thanks:

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The release date of this kit seems to be receding as fast as it is approaching - September now according to revell.de. I wonder if we will ever catch up?

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Cheers,

Andrew

The kit will certainly come. I got the first testshot in December 2012/ January 2013.

Don't worry about the delay, it can only become better in the end.

Photo shows built first testshot for Nuremberg toy fair. Actual release will vary from that what you see.

135test.jpg

Edited by troschi

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if there are plans to release any other versions in the future?

Andrew

Most certainly police and military and other civil boxings will appear in some time...

Decals for these Polish HEMS EC-135 are already available, but for 1:72 scale. Check for Rotorcraft Decals. Probably they will scale up the sheet.

• 2 weeks later...