Dragon 1/144 B1-B Air Combat Command

mark73

In with this one, hope to start this soon but need to get my F-15 builds done for another Group build, so it may be slow progress at first. Anyway box and other shots below, two choices for this but leaning towards the Dyess one as a Bone with the bat symbol on its tail seems to suit the aircraft.... :police:

Nice box art

DSCF4616_zps1da71b65.jpg

Bagged sprues, no comments on the background,...

DSCF4625_zps14e9a8c8.jpg

Updated Resin Cans

DSCF4623_zps240d68e0.jpg

Decals

DSCF4622_zpsb0db93ae.jpg

Built the "Test Program" version last year - Only thing to warn you about is that if you're installing the bomb bay then you'll need to file the top corners of the bay back a bit - Otherwise they'll foul the upper half of the fuselage when you come to join them together.

Enjoy :)

I fancy one of these, be interested to see how it goes together! Who makes the burner cans?

Phil

They actually come with the kit, between them and the jdams in the weapons bay they are the updated parts.

Before I realised they came with the kit I had thought about using the zactomodels exhausts for the f-15 on it. They are nicely moulded.

Oo.. will be watching this one with interest also, been meaning to make a Vampire (From the Dale Brown books). I'll see how your build goes. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I had a think about doing this as a B-1R, have a look for it, twin tails angled out and enough aim120's for a flight of F-22's...

I had a think about doing this as a B-1R, have a look for it, twin tails angled out and enough aim120's for a flight of F-22's...

Yeah I have seen that design before, kinda like the Vampire tbh, even the twined V-tailplanes. Only difference that I can think off, is that the Vampire "has/had" Mission adaptive wings. Shame it will never happen, the USAF would probably buy some FB-22's... as the F-22 has proved to be practically invincible, I say practically because F-18's and Typhoons have beaten it in air-to-air. Altho the USAF would always need a bombtruck that has a bigger bombload than the Mudhens... I dunno :confused:

Kind Regards,

Dazz