HMS-Queen Elizabeth 1/350 with WEM and Artwox add ons

foxy

looking really good - I'd recommend a re-think of the ez-line rigging plan, I've used it for crane cables etc. but it's very heavy for rigging - my preferred route is 0.01" or 0.005" mono-filament fishing line - 0.005 scales out to about 1.5 inches so even that is a bit heavy. It's strong, thin, works well with super-glue and can be tightened by holding a heated screwdriver tip close to the line.

Rigging is my least favourite job by the way...

You're a great salesman Foxy, I want one and looks like you've sold me on the Italian job too. I wish I had you're productivity mate. :pray: Jockster.

I can't believe you rigged the Walrus. You are an insane man!

Looking forward to your next update mate.

Deacon

Edited by Deacon

All I can do to see 1/350th aircraft bits to stick 'em together, much less rig a biplane to that scale! So yes, brilliantly done.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi well need to get this one off the in work thread.

Have installed Walrus and fitted all railings.

DSCF3120_zps75f28bca.jpg

DSCF3121_zps0ea764f3.jpg

I have found the railings are very fragile and bend very easy, so will have to straiten after finishing the rigging which is next and last thing to complete this ship.

Then its a break. :coolio: summers comeing :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Update on this build.

Had a nasty problem while rigging, snapped half of one o the foremast yardarms, bit of a pain in the neck as I had to strip back all the rigging I had done here :shutup:

Took two days to sort this and now have finished the rigging and the radar top most :winkgrin:

Just touch up for railings and some smaller areas then some varnish should see this ready. :coolio:

:bye: Cheers foxy.

Ok last pictures before showing later in the finished thread.

DSCF3129_zps06570424.jpg

DSCF3128_zpscbabdb0f.jpg

DSCF3127_zps1d72aaaa.jpg

DSCF3126_zpsc8cb860d.jpg

Just a few more things to finish.

Weather preventing me from varnishing, so hope to show soon. :coolio:

Cheers foxy.

I'm only a meagre model car builder, but this one grabbed me because of the name - I've been on a few cruises on the Cunard version......

I can only say:

BL--DY HELL!

This is incredible!

Serious congrats to you!

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

Hi Callum mate.

Well all is slowed down at the present, so much going on at home.

I will not be starting any more till I have thease ships/and other things out and finished.

Thanks Roy.

Its a pleasure when you get so much feed back on your builds and thanks for looking in.

Your not the only one that mistook the name for another famous ship.My wife has also sailed twice to New York on this ship,(not me :fraidnot: )with her sister who lives over there.

Hope to finish this build soon as things have settled home. :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

That's looking really good Foxy.

In fact, it's interesting seeing all the build phases, and seeing the differences between Queen Elizabeth and her sister that we both know so well now. Its also good that the very similar Valiant can be built from this kit, which gives a good scope of the class that can be built now.