Airfix Angel Interceptor - Super(ish) Detailed....

Got this for Christmas in order to relive a long lost shard of my childhood. Then promptly decided to rip it apart and go to town on it!

I've removed a panel section on the spine with the intention of showing the avionics, but discovered (Thanks to fanderson) that the fuel tanks sit there. I also removed the panels on the starboard side of the forward fuselage to expose the five rockets. I'm trying to figure out how to show the cannon, also. I have a RetroKit resin cockpit on order as well.

I'm going to show the jet in the latter stages of the Mysteron war, so it will be heavily weathered and battle weary. I also wanted to show it under maintenence on Cloud Base, so have scratch built an engine and will show that on an as-of-yet-to-be-designed tractor that I hope will convey just the right amount of Gerry Anderson-ness about it!

I did rescribe the airframe, but will have to re-do it with all the sanding and filling that will be needed for this old tooling!

DSCF6178_zps7e518abf.jpg

From left to right: X-wing can/109 drop tank/X-wing undercarriage covers/HMS Belfast conning tower!

DSCF6163_zpsf8a06723.jpg

After a lot more 'greeblies', priming and fasteners...

DSCF6168_zpsb1037969.jpg

With a lick o' paint and some finer detailing...

DSCF6175_zps90d6dbfc.jpg

Missile bay next......

Edited by MakingModelsAgain
  • Like 3

Oooooo!

Thats very nice!

Will be watching this with great interest!

According to the Captain Scarlet annuals, the Angel had two turbo jets feeding a ram jet.

I'll scan the cuttaway and post it up later.

Edited by HL-10

Haha, Trust you HL-10!!!! :)

Well (strokes beard, thinking furiously) uhm, yes, well, you see, this is the Viper MkII with the fully upgraded single-stem erm.... Rolls Royce, uhm... Titan powerplant which has a single collector at the front that links to the two existing air intakes.... (phew!). The Angels had to be modified (internally) to accommodate this new engine which finally gave them that much-needed edge over the new Mysteron attack fleets....

(That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) :P

• Like 2

:D Its science fiction afterall, so whatever the modeller wants goes as far as i am concerned.

What you've done so far is very good and I cant wait to see the finished article :thumbsup:

Wow, this is so nice. Can't wait to see how it goes.

PS Just dug out the old Captain Scarlet Album for a quick look after seeing your pictures.