1/32 Avro Lancaster Mk.III HK Models

Abacus

My gut would be leave them blanked off, but with the option to cut them out with thinner plastic around their edges.

This means if you want them it's relatively easy to cut them out with a sharp blade, and if you don't want a window version leave the fuselage as it is.

Replicating HK's fine surface detail if the windows need filling would be a right pain!

Just my 2ps worth...

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the progress of the Lancaster.

I was hoping this would have been there next project after the meteor.

Because we now have 2 manufacturers versions of both Do-335s and DH Mosquitos in 1/32. Which IMO snuck in on the line up que.

Although the they are both welcome, ZM and Tamiya have versions too!

Hoping for some Lancaster updates.....

Because we now have 2 manufacturers versions of both Do-335s and DH Mosquitos in 1/32. Which IMO snuck in on the line up que.

Although the they are both welcome, ZM and Tamiya have versions too!

Hi

maybe someone may sneek in another 1:32 lancaster,

A revell one would be a good option in my opinion.

Healthy competition keeps prices down.

Cheers

Jerry

Hi

maybe someone may sneek in another 1:32 lancaster,

A revell one would be a good option in my opinion.

Healthy competition keeps prices down.

Cheers

Jerry

If Revell, ZM or Tamiya were to create similar aircraft rather than just variants at almost the same release date. That would be competition.

For example if Revell made a 1/32 Halifax or Sterling, that's healthy competition if released at the same time as the HK Lancaster.

I think replicating the same subject is actually a bit of a shame, ZM seem to pretty much copy most released subjects recently.

The HK and Tamiya Mosquito are both commendable but wouldn't it be great if one was a Whirlwind or Marauder?

Revell are more likely to release a 1/32 Dornier IMHO

I'm not a Lanc expert, so dumb question: do the props on the 3D render represent the 'needle' blades or the paddles?

The 3D render depicts the paddle type props. The needle version is quite pronounced. Wide chord at 1/3rd span tapering off to an almost point at the tips. Almost have an elliptical appearance.

Paddle versions, as above look more traditional like the B-17g style props.

The dorsal turret, I'm not too sure about though!

The 3D render depicts the paddle type props. The needle version is quite pronounced. Wide chord at 1/3rd span tapering off to an almost point at the tips. Almost have an elliptical appearance.

Paddle versions, as above look more traditional like the B-17g style props.

The dorsal turret, I'm not too sure about though!

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Hong-Kong-Models-Co-Ltd-1375731456009809/timeline/

12063661_1616997451883207_35767517150893
Hong Kong Models Co Ltd We are sorry for the delay of project. As we have some problem on R&D stage, where we couldn't have good enough information to carry on. Massive thanks to enthusiastic modeler and friends who provide the information and drawing we needed. That I am happy to tell. Lancaster is on the way. We will keep you update. Thanks.

11225736_1616995445216741_19591685483777

V.P.

• Like 2

Tont,

Perhaps we'll meet at last in person then?

I will be the obvious Halifax fan promoting the "other" bomber.

Don't forget to say hi.

Cees

Dare we actually speak to each other, we may end up having to agree that you like the Lancaster while I may admit to a sneaky appreciation for the Halifax, it just won't do :)

• Like 1

Hi

Just thinking, if i put a pound away each week since it was first announced in 2011, I would probably have the purchase price when it is eventually released :)

unfortunately i havent got the space anymore

the tamiya mossie is taking it :)

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 1