1/32 Avro Lancaster Mk.III HK Models

Abacus

One of my dream kits (along with a 1/72nd scale Lincoln, new-mould MR.3, and an injection-moulded early Tu-95 Bear - still waiting on these). Unfortunately, unless I come into some unexpected money, it will have to remain a dream, for now. Still nice to see it has finally appeared after all these years.

Regards,

Jason

2 hours ago, Homebee said:

Interesting article.  I do like the suggestion of HK Models issuing the nose section as a separate kit, that would be good for superdetailing or, as the article suggests, nose art.  It would certainly be more affordable and take up less space than the full aircraft!

• Like 2

On 5/16/2018 at 12:45 PM, 593jones said:

Interesting article.  I do like the suggestion of HK Models issuing the nose section as a separate kit, that would be good for superdetailing or, as the article suggests, nose art.  It would certainly be more affordable and take up less space than the full aircraft!

I agree, a separate model of the nose would be a brilliant idea (especially with the clear fuselage); I'm surprised no one has come up with the idea before. A sort of scale "cockpitfest"... I often fool myself that I can accomodate (some) large scale kits and then once bought reality kicks in: I've no room so they remain unbuilt / unfinished. However with a 1/32 Lanc I know from the outset its just too big and therefore, much as I would really love one, I will never buy it. However the nose section would be much more viable and I might well buy several.

My late father was Wireless Operator on the Lancaster "Aries", so alongside a standard bomber version,  it would be great to build the nose of that. Although as it was converted to have a Lancastrian style nose and tail fitted, I may have to wait for a 1/32 Lancastrian conversion kit! ;)

Rich

PS in fact that's just given me an idea of what I could do with a part built (abandoned) Revell 1/32 Tornado GR1 kit and an unused Aires 1/32 Tornado IDS Cockpit Set I have, which looks fantastic... 🤔

Edited by RichG

6 hours ago, RichG said:

I agree, a separate model of the nose would be a brilliant idea (especially with the clear fuselage); I'm surprised no one has come up with the idea before. A sort of scale "cockpitfest"...

I'm sure I once read somewhere, possibly in Arthur Ward's history of Airfix, that once upon a time Airfix had proposed a series of aircraft cockpit's in, I think 1/12 scale.  The Lancaster was certainly mentioned, but I've no idea what others were considered before the idea was abandoned. 

Come on, HK Models, you know it makes sense!

Anyone fancy doing an aftermarket fuselage plug, mid upper strengthening plates, enlarged rear turret rear panel and tall astrodome to do a B.VII or Mk.10? Pretty please? 

Very much looking forward to this and although I don’t currently have the room for it, i’m certianly planning on making the investment and building up the cockpit short term. Now that I do have room for. 1/32 Just Jane here I come... 

cheers,

WV908 

Edited by WV908

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This would be my once in a lifetime model. Quite where I’d put it afterwards......!

I look forward to someone’s WIP here so we can all vicariously enjoy it🤗

Trevor

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 593jones said:

Got a big bench, have you? 

4m x 3m shed... Although thinking about it, my working area always seems to reduce to an A5 sized area on my cutting mat, surrounded by knives, brushes, sanding sticks, files, paints, water, drill bits... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Don149 said:

The shot of the engine , it looks more like a resin casting than injection plastic ! . Anyone know ? .

Look at the sheen on the parts - that looks like it's injection-moulded to me.

Regards,

Json

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

I’ve just had it confirmed that the first release, as well as having an optional fully clear fuselage will (contrary to the test shots) have two canopy blisters and will have both needle and paddle blade props, allowing us to build early or late B.I’s and B.III’s

-

Treaded mainwheels will not be included as they are post war so I hope someone in the aftermarket business has those in planning somewhere..... 

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
  • Like 1