1/32 Avro Lancaster Mk.III HK Models

Abacus

10 minutes ago, woody37 said:

March would be perfect. Gives me 7 months to get one ready for Telford next year :)

Sounds like they will need bigger tables at Telford :clap2:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow, good news I was hoping for an update on the Lancaster for a while.

Renders certainly look promising👍

I heard rumours that HK were looking to release the 1/32 Lancaster in Spring/summer this year?

I really hope so, been looking forward to this release for a few years now.

😀😀

Lets see

How many do I need?

that's

one for the standard Lancaster

two for a radial engine version

three for a bulged bomb bay version

four for a grand slam version

five for a Lancastrian

six for a Lincoln conversion

seven for Manchester conversion..............................:frantic:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silverstone 2 said:

Wow, good news I was hoping for an update on the Lancaster for a while.

Renders certainly look promising👍

I heard rumours that HK were looking to release the 1/32 Lancaster in Spring/summer this year?

I really hope so, been looking forward to this release for a few years now.

😀😀

I reckon it will be more like late 2018/ spring 2019 at the earliest. No rush, they should take the time to get it right (and I have time to work out where to put one)! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Griffter said:

I reckon it will be more like late 2018/ spring 2019 at the earliest. No rush, they should take the time to get it right (and I have time to work out where to put one)! 

I am not in agreement!

the Lancaster was announced long ago. This Lancaster would be a real hit for 1/32 modellers.

there is no such thing as a perfect injection scale model. No matter how popular the subject there is always someone to find a fault.

for me I'm not that concerned with minor imperfections. The subject matter and 95-98% accuracy is more important.  The Lancaster will be a great model if it has the attention to detail similar to the B17. Which no doubt it will.

Trumpeter's new 1/16 Jagdtiger is a good example. Not 100% accurate! But who else is going to tackle such a large model subject.

if we wait for a 100% perfect Lancaster we will wait too long and it will loose interest and momentum.

All models present a work around for minor issues. And all advanced modellers are happy with this as it presents a bit more of a challenge.

I hope it's released this year

Edited by Silverstone 2
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong Silver, I also hope its released this year.

But until we see evidence the tooling is progressing (beyond cad renderings), this feels pretty unlikely.  And they do have to finesse not only all the physical parts, they have to do all the box art, the instructions, the decals, etc. This all takes a lot of time as we saw with their previous releases, and regardless what I think, you can see they have to make them 'right and nice', their words!

While manning the HK stand at Telford we were instructed that the release date was to be first quarter 2017. Well, that was a bit too optimistic but it will happen sooner than you think. The kit will be stunning, so a few more months will certainly be worth waiting.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

^^^^ If you're doing Lincolns then don't forget a Paraguayan meat freighter

The Lincolnian...

6432189215_1f6b5f6a56.jpg

Trevor

A Lenkoln...a Linkln..   a Linkloln.....

Hmmnnn not going to build a model of an aircraft whose name I can't get my tongue around!

Ugly too.  One can see a guy from Blackburn Aircraft looking at it side on and thinking lift the tail a bit, fatten the fuselage and can get a decent military airlifter out of that and turning to his wife asking "What do you think Beverley?"

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

You may not be concerned about minor imperfections but there is a band of modellers out there who love to cover everything with red lines and make comparisons between the plastic and photographs to prove that beyond all doubt this model is "fatally flawed". The smallest rivet that is in the wrong place or an instrument panel button that is the wrong shape is cited as evidence that no one should buy this kit. All too often the errors they point out become the only thing other modellers are aware of and decide not buy the kit based on the comments they make.

HK models are correct in their desire to have as accurate a model as possible before offering up their kit to be slaughtered and sacrificed by these people. 

Have patience and in time it will be released.

It's not about patience. It's about enjoying modelling!

the Band of redline people you mention, perhaps should be more appreciative of what Model companies release. I'm quite sure modellers buy models because they enjoy the subject, and hopefully don't get dissuaded by critics. HK will do a good job as they have always done. 

There are a number of people that take this far too seriously and there really shouldn't be a need for it. life is too short!!!

Sure accuracy is very important but not if it brings too much hesitation for model manufactures to actually release subjects.

Talking of appreciation & Patience!!! I've been flying real aircraft for over half my life, I'm one of the very few people in the UK that flies the B747-8. I'm also a Type rating instructer and Examiner on 3 other types. Trust me when I say, There is enough people who love to over complicate things in aviation. There is really no need for it in modelling

I hope you agree that modelling should be and needs to remain fun & interesting. A big thanks to Trumpeter, HK and others who are bold enough to take on these projects. Otherwise fans and hobbiests will eventually loose interest again! Like before. 

Then we will be back to the dark ages of 1/72 spitfires and 109s in cellophane bags. Plenty of RED LINE opportunities there for the critics!

• Like 1

Oh yes, forgot to mention; I've actually flown in a Lancaster and a B-17G.

So if you really want critique on Accuracy then I might be the right person?

Truth being I'm just happy that HK are releasing amazing kits in this scale of these wonderful aircraft. Hopefully, everyone else will be too?

No Critique required!

Edited by Silverstone 2

Gents can some of you step away from the keyboard on this one and moderate a couple of your views. Lets be thankful HK are doing this and lets wait for the results.

Julien

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

In progress.

Source: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/hkmmodels/posts/1928004717449144

Hello, I think it is time to update the progress of 1/32 Lancaster. First at all, we are so sorry for massive of delay of this project. Lancaster is one of famous bomber in WW2, and we have to made it right and nice. Now most of the major parts of Lancaster was already in tooling stage. Hopefully the test shot sample could be done around Jan2017, and release by Feb. Or beginning of March. Here I would like to show you some rendering of this beautiful 1/32 Lancaster MKI. Marking will be use S-Sugar. Hope you like it.

L’image contient peut-être : avion

Aucun texte alternatif disponible.

L’image contient peut-être : nuit

L’image contient peut-être : nuit

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/hkmmodels/photos/a.1376302095952745.1073741828.1375731456009809/1948462072070075/?type=3&theater

Merry Christmas, I wish everyone have wonderful Christmas and very happy new year in 2018. Here is the box art for our coming 1/32 Lancaster MK1 S-Sugar. Many thanks for Piotr Forkasiewicz. He is very talented artist for aviation art.

25550434_1948462072070075_74023720296514

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2