1/32 Avro Lancaster Mk.III HK Models

Abacus

Looking forward to its release but I feel the price will be out of reach for me for a while !!

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

As Telford is soon upon us. What I would like to know is what exactly you would like to see in the released kit. Regarding options, late

or early type, fuselage windows, needle type props or paddle blade props. You name it.

As a Brit forum let us know what your wishes are.

Cees

Picadilly Princess, RCAF 424 Squadron would be awesome, huge nose art in 1/32 scale.

The there is 35 sqdn winter camo of white over black, but painting such a huge area white might be daunting for some

As Telford is soon upon us. What I would like to know is what exactly you would like to see in the released kit. Regarding options, late

or early type, fuselage windows, needle type props or paddle blade props. You name it.

As a Brit forum let us know what your wishes are.

Cees

Not sure if I speak for everyone. But this 1/32 Lancaster will be a very popular model kit. The Lancaster is extremely famous for many reasons and a beautiful aircraft in every respect.

Options thet should be included are of course the 2 propeller tip variants. Yes, the ability to have the upper fuselage Windows and even the radome underneath perhaps. Mk1 and MK3 variants is a good starting point.

Also the ability to view maybe 1 or 2 of finished detailed Merlins with the appropriate engine frames and plumbing detail. A similar idea that Tamiya went with, on their 1/48 scale rendition.

The choice of aftermarket upgrades like brass barrels, similar to the B-17G. Perhaps ground equipment and bomb trollies to complement?

So long as the modeller has ability and options to build both a realistic model OOB or indeed the ability to super detail if they wish, would bring great flexibility.

I'm sure HK will make a great model here, such a super model subject. If it's as good as the recent HK releases, nothing to worry about!

I will certainly buy one:-)

Edited by Silverstone 2
  • Like 1

As I've mentioned elsewhere, fuselage Windows should be mounded insitu, it'll be easier to fill rather than drill windows out.

Also Both needle and broad span propellers and what about options on the mid upper and tail turrets to cover the various turrets fitted?

I'm unaware of the breakdown of the moulding but could another possibility be engine options to cover the the B.I, B.II and B.IV?

As for markings, too many to pick a favourite and I'm sure that the aftermarket companies will be providing options, I just hope that there aren't too many duplicates!

Bring it on... :)

Edited by Tony C

So how big would Tallboys and a Grand Slam be in 1/32?

Just joking .......... At least I thought I was..........oh dear

If you fill it with explosives, it will probably be deadly! :banghead:

Keep the suggestions coming chaps.

From what I heard the first kit will be a regular bomber, possibly the Mk III, but as there are so many variations it is

logical to include: bulged side windows, larger bombardier bubble, early and late style pitot tubes (the prototype has

them both fitted), needle props and paddle blades (prototype has the latter).

Don't know about wheels, best bet would the smooth tyres as they were used by the majority of the bombers during

WWII (and again the prototype has these).

No confirmation that the Dambuster/Tallboy/Grandslam will be on the cards.

First priority is a sound first kit.

So when anyone of you is at Telford drop by to meet and discuss the Lanc, the iconic British bomber (after the

Halifax and Stirling of course :ninja: )

Cees

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/1375731456009809/photos/a.1410668865849401.1073741829.1375731456009809/1670378569878428/

Dear Modeler,
Recently we are working on the very complex and beautiful surface detail of Lancaster. We have something new technique apply on surface detail. Before move ahead my plan. I am very interested to know what did you expect with those beautiful surface.
1. Bumpy panel,
2. Overlapping panel
3. Raised rivets ...
4. Or recessed

I wish you guys could advise or suggest your brilliant idea.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 7 months later...

I guess this thread is starting to speak volumes! No actual updates for over a year. Even from Cees.

Real shame, the Lancaster in 1/32 scale with similar detail to the B-17offering would get some real traction in the modelling and aviation enthusiast groups.

maybe like the many models recently discussed and rumoured now, perhaps concept only?

The chaps on the HK stand said that there's been some modifications to the molds taking place to replicate raised rivets and lapped joints etc. Some remedial work was also needed on the engine nacelles. 

I short, it's been delayed in an effort to get it as 'right' as possible - and credit to HK in that regard.  

I don't know any specific information on the latest release date, but I'm sure I read March 2017 somewhere, but don't quote me on that!

• Like 2

Have to say that I would much rather see us waiting another year for this beast while HK gather in more info and do their best to get it as good as possible.  Others might just market a close enough effort and tough about the errors.  Well done to HK.

No one else is likely to do one so let's have as good as it can be.  It's a pity we got lumbered with a misshapen 1/32 Lightning from another manufacturer who does not always take the care that HK do.   I can't see anyone stepping up with a Lightning that's a better, accurate shape.  At least we can have confidence HK are trying to get it right.

• Like 1