1/32 Avro Lancaster Mk.III HK Models

Abacus

• 1 year later...

Hi

I wonder if this will actually be released, it was due out end of last year, according to model shops.

The 1:24 mosquito by airfix has sold out

Yet everyone seems to have HK kits available

Just my two pence worth ...

I personally am no longer geting one, i got some 1:32 merlin XX pods off e bay for a basis for my beau IIf conversion.

Cheers

Jerry

Digressing slightly I still love the story of the rather disliked Senior Officer who went for a trip on a Lanc with a crew that didn't like it one bit. The two gunners concocted a wee plan in the event. And it came to pass that said Senior Officer did take a trip to the elsan.

Allowing just enough time for nature to be taking its course the tail gunner, rapidly followed by mid upper yelled "fighter fighter corkscrew port go go go" and opened up into an empty night

Said senior officer was reputed to be in need of shower and change at end of trip

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything more about this one? Cybermodeler are not showing it on any kit release tables and it all seems to have gone quiet.

Also was wondering if HK will issue it with options for the future such as Dambuster/Grand Slam/ Tallboy etc models. It wouldn't be that hard to design it into the kit I suppose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for this 1/32 Lancaster! if it's anywhere close to being as good as their B-17, I'll be one happy bunny :thumbsup:

I will most certainly be getting this irrespective of how big my stash of 1/32 & 1/16 models is getting :banghead:

• 6 months later...

i took some pics of the Lancaster prototype as seen at Telford. This was just to be able to show

The Lancaster is very much on by HK Models. Development since has been ongoing.

This should not be seen as a testshot but rather a 3D rendering in plastic to test some shapes.

image.jpg4_zpsat5ltfkf.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsko2u8tm8.jpg

image.jpg3_zps41kh0ai3.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsuwb3yxt8.jpg

Cees

• Like 2

This is going to be an expensive year, what with this, the Round 2 Eagle Transporter and those bad people at Airfix forcing me to buy their Typhoon/190 bundle.

Anyone need a kidney?

Graham

• Like 1