Hasegawa 1/72 Mig-27

Hello chaps!

Here is one of my latest works. Hasegawa's Mig-27. I have used the kit's decals and Hasegawa's colors suggestions.

Now there is a strange hue in the light green color. Probably due to the bad lightening so, I do apologize for that.

Please, feel free to comment.

Cheers

Sernak

Mig-7_zps88ea9b04.jpg

Mig-1_zps44907811.jpg

Mig-3_zps5aae9e33.jpg

Mig-4_zps664e0f05.jpg

Mig-6_zps2c75ccb7.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks chaps for your comments.

It was actually one of my aspirations to build the Mig-27 since the beginning of my engagement with scale modelling. But, damn those Monogram models - they had always taken my time and building priority !!!

Now, I would love to build an 1/48 Mig-23 with every detail set there is on the market !!!

Cheers

Sernak

Now there is a strange hue in the light green color. Probably due to the bad lightening so, I do apologize for that.

Please, feel free to comment.

Cheers

Sernak

Out of interest and for my own future reference, what's wrong with the light green in the photos? How far off the actual colour on the model is it?

Hi Lee and thank you for your kind words.

I have re-scribed some of the panel lines yes. Yet, some of them were already engraved so, I didn't have to correct them.

BTW, I have left the weapons' loads holes uncovered because I plan - at some point eventually!! - to place the drop tanks and air-to-air missiles that Hasegawa provides with this model.

Thanks again for looking.

Cheers

Sernak

Out of interest and for my own future reference, what's wrong with the light green in the photos? How far off the actual colour on the model is it?

Well, there are two things that are wrong. The first one is the fact that, I have taken the pictures with only one light source instead of two, which is usually the rule when taking pictures in a room/studio. The second one, is the fact that Hasegawa doesn't provide a specific color code for the light Green so, I had to depend on what they were describing on the painting instructions.

I was interested in painting my Mig with another camouflage but, I didn't want to buy a new set of decals.

BTW, the illustration on the model's box is fantastic!!! Wish I had the skills to do a similar job!