C-130 Hercules C.3 lengthened fuselage

bootneck

I suppose that it's too late to point this out?

Hi Jessica,

I saw that Welsh Models version but a combination of events made me go down this route; a. I already had the Bra.Z long fuselage and a Minicraft C-130, b. I also already had WM's Gannet as a vacform, and c. although I would have like the WM's C.3, I couldn't afford it a the moment. So, yes it was considered but ruled out for the reasons above.

Perhaps something to look forward to one day - Densil might have a sale!

Mike

I'm not going to get this finished by tomorrow's deadline as I've still got the Welsh Models Gannet AEW to finish. I will continue to get as much done as possible tomorrow and then I will complete it off-line once the deadline is passed.

Refuelling probe nearly complete and the camouflage has been applied. The green is actually much darker than these images show and looks correct.

028_camouflage_done_1.jpg

Masking all those tiny windows was a real pain but had to be done.

030_camouflage_done_3.jpg

The Minicraft canopy doesn't exactly match the Bra.Z fuselage and leaves quite a ridge around it. I'll re-visit that after the GB.

031_camouflage_done_4.jpg

I'm sure I would have got this finished in time if I hadn't gone on holiday last week but my wife dragged me, kicking and screaming, out of the house!!

Mike

• Like 2

I'm afraid I've failed to meet the deadline for GB with this model conversion.

All I have managed today is to get the decals on and give the model a coat of satin varnish, ready for a wash to accentuate the panel lines.

032_decals_on_1.jpg

033_decals_on_2.jpg

I'll continue with the build in slow time and post some images in RFI later.

Thanks for your support and encouragement while following this build.

cheers

Mike

Hi Smudge,

Bardufoss, yep regular milk run in those brutes to every year. We used to work over at Gardermoen with the Sea King Mk4 crews.

Progress with this C-130; I'm just getting the primer (black) onto the blades ready for some Alclad dull metal topcoat. I'm off again for a few days so it will have a rest for a while.

cheers

Mike