torndao

goose

im going to build 2 revell tornado gr1'a as a gr4 & 4a, i have the bits and bobs to convert,

q1 im thinking of building the 4a as scud hunter off the model alliance sheet, load wise would i know it carried a raptor pod, did it at all carry ant lgb's at the same time, and would it of carried asraam's or sidewinders?

q2 are any of the 4s that were used in telic, now flying marked up similarly in Afghanistan. as i have brimstone's for that, and wondered in any of the markings were any good from telic sheet?

this one i want to build with 2x lgb's, brimstone's on rear and lightning pod i front plus asramm,s

am i off target here or somewhere near?

I can't imagine it carried the RAPTOR if it was hunting for Scuds, don't recall reading that in the Model Alliance book, but I could be wrong. I think a better set up would be 2x Paveway II and a TIALD pod. Sidewinders on the missile rails.

Not sure on the decals for a Herrick jet, i've yet to see one with any nose art- they are all rather plain out there! Again, I could be wrong. 2x Paveway IV, 2-3 Brimstione and a Litening would be a standard set up, no AAM's though. You'd also need a TERMA pod in place of the Sky Shadow.

I'm no expert, just my 2p's worth!

Dave

I agree with Dave,

I think maybe you've got the loads a bit mixed up.

Raptor was used in Afghan, along with a pair of PWIV. No AtoA missile carried as they were unlikely to come up against an airborne threat! Raptor was carried. The Olimp set has the Therma and decals for Op Herrick, although you can cobble them together from spares as really is just serial number and tail code that changes.

Op Telic would be TIALD and Winders as that was before the days of Litening and ASRAAMS.