Perhaps A Dumb Question On Rigging

DaveCS

Hi There :)

Normally I model in 1/72 and, mostly, WWII allied aircraft flown by/for the RCAF. Lately I have started to grow warm to WWI aircraft that were flown by Canadian pilots. I've been able to build and rig a nice little Roden Sopwith Camel and Eduard's little Nieuport 17.

When I started looking for a decent DH2 though I decided to up the scale to 48th and attempt Eduard's boxing.

Well, I've painted her and I'll apply the decals (likely tonight) and then it's a matter of rigging before I "finish" her off.

My question regarding rigging is as follows:

Normally, for 1/72 I would just rig the bird using stretched sprue - just seems to be the easiest in that scale. Well, now 1/48th is a bit larger and I have the right invisible mending thread to rig with but I've not drilled any holes just yet. Is it too late in the game? I've painted her and applied a gloss coat to put the decals down but that's the extent of it - struts have not yet been glued into place so I'm not too far along. In the future I'll be sure to plan a bit better but the excitement got the better of me this time around :D

Just curious if I can still take care of it at this stage.

Cheers,

Dave

P.S. I've read a good thread here already on the topic of how to rig.. ( www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931805-rigging-for-a-novice/ ) so I'm not worried about tackling it.. just curious if I can still do it at this stage

If you haven't put the top wing on then you are good to go.

Rig top wing

Put top wing on

Rig bottom wing

I know that's brief but that's the size of it. If you need more detail I'm more than happy to help. Good luck in 1/48 I've just completed a dh2 in 1/32