Hi Folks

I was having a look at the cabinet and decided to post a page of last year's builds. Normally I don't have enough to make it worthwhile! 5 in total for the year, I must try harder.

Duncan B

XT8657.jpg
Fujimi 1/72
XT8656.jpg

Bf110E4.jpg
Eduard 1/72
EELightningF6LTTF5.jpg
Hasegawa 1/72
IMG_03.jpg
Hasegawa 1/48
IMG_02.jpg
Airfix 1/48

Edited by Duncan B
  • Like 2

interesting selection of builds, I assume you build what you want want. I know the feeling about numbers, for years work has got in the way of doing anything.

interesting selection of builds, I assume you build what you want want. I know the feeling about numbers, for years work has got in the way of doing anything.

Martin, I have a couple of themes that I tend to follow; WW2 Luftwaffe and I'm also working my way through all the units and types that operated from RAF Leuchars from 1950 to present day.

I work away from home which makes it is a real stop/start process so I'm quite pleased with managing 5 builds in the year, especially as some of the paint jobs took a long time.

Duncan B

Nice wee collection there Duncan. I particularly like the FAA Phantom and the RAF Lightning, but the Bf110 is a bit tasty too!

Mark.

I am pleased with the Phantom and the Bf110 too. The Lightning was actually bought as a donor kit but one rainy day I decided to throw it together as a test bed for Alclad. I then spent quite a while filling all the gaps and spraying it so decided to go all the way and decal it too. I'm still waiting for a decent Lightning in 1/72 but it'll do until the Airfix one arrives.

Duncan B

Great Work! But the F-4 Pilot really needs to work on his landings! :winkgrin:

Cheers,

These FAA guys were all the same, they had 2500 yards to play with at Leuchars but they always tried to land on the first 800 feet!.

Duncan B

Good to see more and more 1/48th models in your colletion. Anyway Phantom is my favourite!

You like the Phantom because its dirty and worn looking (who taught me that technique?)! I think my favourite is the Bf110 because I really worked at trying to break up the single colour finish (same technique again by the way).

A close second is the 1/48 Bf109 "Yellow 10" with the snake cammo just because it took so many attempts to get it right and I stuck at it rather than go for the easy option.

The desert Bf109 was a disappointment in the end, the green patches look more like splats and I couldn't get them right so gave up!

The Phantom is good but I have a few more to do and will be trying to better that one so it has set a benchmark for me to aim at and the Lightning was really just a test piece for me to try Alclad paints and wasn't really an attempt to make a serious model but it is in the cabinet anyway.

Now, back to my bench full of Bf109's of various colours (all 1/72 though).

DB