Tamiya 1-350 HIJMS Yamato with Lion Roar P/E.

surfsup

• 2 weeks later...

OK the Stack is now basically done so now to move on to the next stage of her Build.....Cheers mark

100_5427_zps38013770.jpg

100_5430_zpsd674335b.jpg

100_5438_zps10b12c15.jpg[/url]

100_5438_zps10b12c15.jpg

100_5440_zps1b1cde07.jpg

100_5456_zps686a1400.jpg

100_5457_zps4eb04c81.jpg

100_5458_zps4bcc9b32.jpg

Edited by surfsup
  • Like 1

Great work there mark. :winkgrin:

Having built the older Yamato I am Impressed with the new tooling.

There seems to be a lot more PE for this ship around the bridge.

This is turning out to be a very nice Kit :coolio: .

Keep up the good work mate :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments Guys. This is the old Kit I am working with. The new one is just too darned dear for my Wallet. Callum the Funnel Grills were fairly easy to do. The Cross members had slots for each other part to fit into and went together very nicely indeed. Just a small update, the Aft Fire Control Station is now complete so onto the next stage of her Buil;d.....Cheers mark

100_5462_zpscf48cc80.jpg

100_5461_zpsbd25706a.jpg

100_5460_zps941f5740.jpg

100_5459_zps6548b2cb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok after a short break I am back with her again. The Deck Grate areas have been cut out waiting fir the P/E replacements. The Hull is now together along with the Degaussing Cable. More to come soon.....Cheers mark

100_5463_zpsec9f0e19.jpg

100_5465_zps64f428dd.jpg

100_5466_zpse584fc85.jpg

100_5585_zpsa91dc228.jpg

100_5586_zps7fb57c71.jpg

100_5588_zps0275b3c3.jpg

100_5589_zpsecefd091.jpg

Oh this build brings back fond memories.

You are doing an amazing job with that pe set Mark. Why Lionroar did not include railings for that top walkway I'll never know, but that set has just about everything and more doesn't it?

You are going to have an outstanding Yamato I think, keep up the good work! -Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments gents much appreciated. I have started laying the P/E for the Deck and the Superstructure. Will have more for you soon.....Cheers mark

100_5604_zps7ada8d71.jpg

100_5603_zpsc2aa249c.jpg

100_5602_zps185118e2.jpg

100_5599_zps09085a80.jpg

100_5598_zpsd98fa8d8.jpg

100_5596_zps0bbca23a.jpg

• Like 2

Cracking job Mark :winkgrin: .

There seems lots more PE from Lion roar frets for this ship.

Is there much difference from the early and later model of this ship, except the price I ask me self. :analintruder:

:popcorn:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Coming along nicely and quickly Mark, I've come to a halt on mine as now that my Dad has the Varyag model, I had nothing on my shelf to look at so opted for a couple of quick builds in the mean time just for decoration. Thus the Russian Alfa!

Frank, I have the new one and I've been comparing construction with Marks, quite a difference, particularly the bridge and main superstructure as well as the new one has less molded onto the deck and now you have lots and lots and lots and lots of little individual parts to scrape and paint. Cannot fault it though and I can see a few more of these appearing from time to time on ebay for less than half the original price. I would have gone for the older one myself had I not got such a bargain on the new one.

How are you planning to paint the build? I am interested in the colour scheme but also how you are planning to tackle it with so much construction completed?

I have been working through the Bismarck by painting as I build but I see lots of folks on here building much futher ahead then painting. The paint jobs always look fantastic but there is so much detail that masking tape would just rip it apart...is there a trick I am missing?

That's a good point leighivansmith.

I've always built mine in a number of modules (superstructure blocks, masts, turrets etc); large enough to put as many pieces on as possible so the paint covers all parts joints etc, but small enough so that I can reach everywhere easily to access for painting.

Edited by Rob 1

I found myself naturally building the same way as Rob, construction planned around painting, same thing with putting as many of the smaller parts on the larger modules but still accessible with brush. I only try to avoid fitting parts that are painted a different colour, such as the funnels on the varyag or props.

I have more fun building ships this past year than all the tanks and planes I've ever built!

Jock

Its all coming along very nicely Mark and I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head how you paint it all after construction, even though I have asked you about it before, I find it heaps easier to paint as much as I can before glueing anything then a couple of coats of future type stuff to stop the CA glue from giving that whited out look, it mostly works......but then I'm not as neat a builder as you are.

Looking forward to seeing more :)