Su-24M Trumpeter 1/48

Ha! was just looking at this kit on trumpeters website, came straight from there to here and you've built one already! Superb as ever Arkady, a joy to see your work, expensive kit though, £75 on Hannants!! :shocked:

As with everyone else, this is one of the best models I have seen in a long time. The paint finish is awsome, the weathering is realistic, the detail work is superb. If there is some "fatal flaw" to the kit, I doubt anyone will see it as they look at the beautiful "silk purse" you have created. Really excellent!

Fantastic work. Sorry, but I do not see any errors. Did you use any of the correction sets?

Is there a WIP thread? If there is not WIP thread, are there any areas to watch out for durring construction?

Thanks!

Sorry no WIP thread for this built... No correction sets except mentioned Aires cockpit and wheel bays.

Critical point during the construciton was for me gluing main halves of hull. I added inside some plastic support rods.

Flawless build imho!

Absolutely nice weathering, did you use salt?

There are so many nice decals on the Begemont sheet.... you can't possibly build all its schemes! ;)

Nice weaponry, and statically, a lot is definitely possible!

Cheers!

Yes, I used wet salt technique, it is very effective for grey surfaces! I hope to use rest of Begemot decals on forthcoming MR version.

Espus:

I learned about salt staining from you, so thank you for that!!

My pleasure!

woody72:

Do you have a team of elves helping you ? :lol:

I have a couple subcontractors :P :

Artur234.jpg

Artur239.jpg

• Like 1

Jaw dropping Artur, it's a work of art. Just love the detailing and weathering, you've made grey interesting !

Do you have a team of elves helping you ? :lol:

Here's a photo of Artur hard at work, just before the Elves turn up to do the stuff for him!

sleepy.jpg

It must be elves that do the work as there is only a 6cm x 4cm area of clear space on that desk.

Duncan B

Edited by Duncan B
  • Like 2

When I worked with the elves you've broke ship's doctor heart :).

Bourbon479_zps36856e57.jpg

I was hiding on the Bridge wing hoping she wouldn't find me! I'm obviously hard at work watching for Pirates (or wondering when the next container of food was due) in that photo.

DB