Welcome and GB rules

AnonymousDFB1

Hi all

Welcome to the 1/144 GB. There aren't going to be many rules as this is a hobby and supposed to be fun!

All kits must be unstarted. This is due to the fact that some kits only have a very limited number of parts in 144 scale.

Any kit from any genre is eligible as long as it's in 1/144 scale, so that's planes, tanks, boats and ships, sci-fi, fantasy or anything else.

What ifs are allowed.

You must start a build thread with the obligatory box/sprue shots and then showing the progress as the build progresses.

I think that's about all, so get choosing your kits, clear the workspace and prepare for next saturday!

Above all, have fun!

Antony

Edited by Antony Robertson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there room for one more? Group builds are about the only time I do any modelling these days, and I just accidentally bought something that will fit beautifully.

Andy

Lubricated in Northumberland.

• 3 months later...

Hi all

Welcome to the 1/144 GB. There aren't going to be many rules as this is a hobby and supposed to be fun!

All kits must be unstarted. This is due to the fact that some kits only have a very limited number of parts in 144 scale.

Any kit from any genre is eligible as long as it's in 1/144 scale, so that's planes, tanks, boats and ships, sci-fi, fantasy or anything else.

What ifs are allowed.

You must start a build thread with the obligatory box/sprue shots and then showing the progress as the build progresses.

I think that's about all, so get choosing your kits, clear the workspace and prepare for next saturday!

Above all, have fun!

Antony

Hello,

I´m new here and have a question.

Although being German I had been a member of the British IPMS SIG 1/144th as long as it existed. It was a very interesting and helpful institution that covered almost every aspect of 144th scale modeling - from three-view- drawings via various pictures and and how - to building articles up to history.

I was very pleased to find this 144th scale group build.

But then I became a bit disappointed. Maybe I misunderstood : "All kits must be unstarted" - it is not allowed to show finished models here unless you start a build thread ?

If yes - what a pity. In my opinion it is just as worthwile to show ones "gems" as to show the process how they came about.

As long as the models were built from kits and not from prepainted snap-ons I don´t see anything that speaks against showing completed models.

And "This is due to the fact that some kits only have a very limited number of parts in 144 scale." - Is there a limit that says how many parts a kit has to have to be defined as a kit worth being shown here ?

I hope I simply misunderstood anything because I was looking forward to showing something here, too. Unfortunately it is not my passion to record each tiny step of what I´m doing just to be allowed to participate somewhere. Primarily I´m a modeler and enjoy modeling as much as seeing others´ works as well, and if I have a question I ask.

Sorry for my mistake English - I hope it conveys my thoughts and feelings... :winkgrin:

Kind regards,

Roland

Hi Rolland,

Firstly :welcome: to Britmodeller

Secondly you have stumbled upon a Group Build that is now over. Normally in Group Builds or GBs as we often refer to them we allow kits that are up to 25% started but this is not a hard and fast rule, it might vary from GB to GB. All our GB builds bust be accompanied by a build thread to be eligible for the poll/vote that we normally hold at the end of every GB.

In case you don't know a Group build is where a collection of members will build models around a common theme, in this case a scale (1:144) it is a friendly competition type environment, but one where everyone helps out everyone else with advice and information.

If you want to show members builds that you have already completed them we have Ready for Inspection areas for every area of modelling within the forums.

I hope that helps Rolland

Hi Mish,

thanks for the quick reply. It's a pity but I had hoped to find a community of people with the same interest - 144th scale.

As you wrote the goup is over.

So I will continue searching.

Would you please be so kind as to delete my account. ? Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Roland