GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

I can't believe that nearly two years have passed since this was first put on the calendar. Where's the time gone??

I'm still not exactly decided on which kit to build, mainly due to sourcing decals etc., for the finishing.

One kit I'm considering is the C-130 Hercules in early sand/tan/white livery. I already have a kit (both Revell and Minicraft) but the problem is that this aircraft had white RAF lettering and serials. Does anyone know of a source for these type of decals, to the correct colour and scale?

cheers

Mike

Had a crazy idea for a second of a in-flight scene of a F-4 or F-14 intercepting a Tu-95 “Bear”. Would like to try and do the in-flight intercept just as these photos in 70’s and 80’s. There was a famous photo of a crew member holding a coke (I think) up to the rear observation window, though I don’t think I could find a Coke bottle small enough for that!!

Or may just use the Tonkas!

Won't pinch a copyright photo, you see some good photos here of what I may end up doing.

http://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/intercepting-the-bear/

Edited by trickyrich

Had a crazy idea for a second of a in-flight scene of a F-4 or F-14 intercepting a Tu-95 “Bear”. Would like to try and do the in-flight intercept just as these photos in 70’s and 80’s. There was a famous photo of a crew member holding a coke (I think) up to the rear observation window, though I don’t think I could find a Coke bottle small enough for that!!

Or may just use the Tonkas!

Won't pinch a copyright photo, you see some good photos here of what I may end up doing.

http://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/intercepting-the-bear/

That sounds like a great idea!

For me, i'm going to start with a Merlin, painted in the Japanese dark grey/orange colour. After that, who knows.

Antony

That sounds like a great idea!

For me, i'm going to start with a Merlin, painted in the Japanese dark grey/orange colour. After that, who knows.

Antony

This is sooooo bad!!! :doh:

I have been thinking about this ever since the idea came to me........may have to do i! :mental:

Not sure if I'll get the whole thing done in time, got other builds to finish (really procrastinating over Ar234), about to go overseas for three weeks, plus another shift........ :frantic:

But if I pull it off it'll looks sooooo cool...... we'll see! ;)

Edited by trickyrich

I can't believe that nearly two years have passed since this was first put on the calendar. Where's the time gone??

I'm still not exactly decided on which kit to build, mainly due to sourcing decals etc., for the finishing.

One kit I'm considering is the C-130 Hercules in early sand/tan/white livery. I already have a kit (both Revell and Minicraft) but the problem is that this aircraft had white RAF lettering and serials. Does anyone know of a source for these type of decals, to the correct colour and scale?

cheers

Mike

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ADTS4401

I hadn't even realised this one had started. Can I join in with a Trumpeter/Pit Road LCAC? Possibly with some stuff to go in it, but I don't have any of the stuff yet.

Will

Picked my first couple for this GB from my stash - Zsveda's Hawker Hurricane (Shouldn't take too long) and Dragon's SR-71.

Might try and do the Hurricane in one sitting - There's only 9 parts!

This guy certainly sounds enthusiastic! Make sure you have the sound on.

I think he is saying that the box comes with a choice of either a P-30 Air Cobra, P-40 War Hawk or a Messerschmitt bf 109.

but he won't know until he opens the box

He seems to like that it is the Bf.109!

Mike

So what one did he get?? I didn't quite catch it... :P

I can't hear the word "YATTA!" without thinking of gay men wearing figleaves dancing around... bloody annoying song, I dare you to watch it all the way through without thinking "WTF?!".

Kind Regards,

Dazz